These paired passages include a fiction and nonfiction passage based on taking care of a live Christmas tree. With the push for more rigor and changes in state testing, students are expected to read, comprehend, and respond to paired passages. Pick and choose what activities your students need the most. You could use them all over the course of a week and allow the passage to serve as close reading material. They are also PERFECT for small group instruction, strategy groups, and centers. These can be used for 3rd, 4th, or 5th grade students.
Your Purchase Will Include:
- 1 Fiction passage
- 1 Non fiction passage
- 10 Multiple choice comprehension questions with answer key
- Full page anchor chart for reading paired passages
- Mini anchor charts for reading paired passages
- Compare and contrast organizer and short answer question
- Written response tasks
- Main idea cut and sort with answer key
- Summary organizers
- Vocabulary organizers
- 3 Writing Prompts for Narrative, Persuasive, and Informational writing
- Pacing Guide
Take a peek at the preview for a better picture of what is included!
If you own the Paired Passages Holiday Bundle
, please do not purchase this. You already own it. If you are interested in the bundle, click here.
Check out my other holiday products:
Winter Break Homework Packet
Christmas Multiplication and Division Word Problem Sort
Christmas Addition and Subtraction Word Problem Sort
Christmas Multiplication Match Up
Earn TPT Credits for Your Future Purchases:
- Go to your “My Purchases” page and click “Provide Feedback.”
To Be the First to Know About New Products and Freebies:
- Click the green star to follow me!