Build comprehension using these 6 nonfiction short passages with Christmas holiday themes, each featuring informational text and 4 multiple-choice comprehension questions on one page. Paragraph topics include mistletoe, the North Pole, Christmas tree decorating, ornament history, a holiday song, and more. The questions cover a variety of reading skills and are modeled after the types of questions on standardized reading tests. Great for December reading!
Readability is in the 4th-5th grade range. Please check the preview to help you determine whether or not they would be suitable for your students. 3rd graders can do these with teacher support. You can purchase with confidence, as I have 32 years of experience in preparing upper elementary students for standardized reading testing!
CLICK HERE to get THIS RESOURCE as part of a money-saving BUNDLE of 180 passages!
Here is what you get with this resource:
• A Huge Holiday Hit informational text and questions (1 page)
• Mistletoe Magic informational text and questions (1 page)
• Ornament Evolution informational text and questions (1 page)
• The Real North Pole informational text and questions (1 page)
• Tree Trimming Travels informational text and questions (1 page)
• Yule Yore informational text and questions (1 page)
• Answer Key (1 page)
• TOU & Credits (1 page)
These passages have fun titles! As an added critical thinking BONUS, have students explain why they think the title of each reading passage was chosen.
I’d appreciate your purchase, your rating, and your feedback.
Thank you from The Brighter Rewriter!
► These Christmas Reading Passages
are longer versions of 4 of these mini-passages.
► Check out engaging Reading Passages
both long and short.
► CLICK HERE to follow me
for updates about new products, sales info & more!