Products in this Bundle (2)
This fabulous informational text and STEM bundle of two resources is a great way to keep students engaged. Students will read about Christmas topics and complete comprehension activities during your reading block. Add the STEM Challenge to build a sleigh zip line and your students will definitely ask for more of these combinations!
NOTE: Both resources in this bundle may be purchased separately.
NOTE: These two challenges are also part of an Escape Room Bundle!
- This set features upper 3rd to 5th-grade skills of finding the main idea, determining word meaning in context, finding evidence, ordering items, listing examples, inferring, and basic reading comprehension questions.
- The set also makes use of nonfiction text features. You will find the use of bold print, bulleted lists, captions, illustrations, italics, photos, tables, headings, and titles.
- The four reading passages are provided in two reading levels- an easier and a more challenging. The reading selections are about the cease-fire on Christmas Eve during World War I, decorating the White House for Christmas, using greenery to decorate for the holidays, and the traditions of Hanukkah.
- In addition, a newspaper mock-up article page is included that has more reading selections. The articles include playing the game of dreidel, baking cookies for Christmas (including a recipe), and the many names for Santa. There is a comprehension question page for the newspaper set and 2 graphic organizers.
- All answer keys are provided.
What is the challenge?
This is a Quick Challenge. Students will be building a Santa's sleigh model that will travel down zip line without dumping the toys!
What is your prep?
Materials needed for the STEM Challenge include craft sticks, cardstock, construction paper, string or yarn, straws, pipe cleaners, paper clips, masking Tape, zip line, and TOYS! Our zip line is a piece of fishing line. You can also use plastic cord. For our toys, we used interlocking cubes.
The package specifically contains:
- Cover sheet
- Teacher Background
- 3 pages of Teacher Directions
- Set of Criteria cards for students (in 3 versions)
- Lab Sheet with answer samples
- 2 pages of photos
- Scoring rubric
- All forms are provided in an editable format!
Simple teacher procedures and tips are included. Just talk about the Criteria of the task, and let them get busy planning, designing, collaborating, and learning!
NOTE: The reading resource is available in a different format without the STEM Challenge.
More Christmas Resources:
- Escape the North Pole- No Locks Escape Room
- Escape the North Pole and Cookie Packages Bundle
- Christmas STEM Challenge Brown Bag Tree
- Christmas STEM Challenge Cookie Packages
- Christmas STEM Challenge Sleighs and Ramps
- Christmas STEM Challenges Bundle
- Christmas Math Worksheets Print and Solve Gr. 4
- Christmas Math Worksheets Print and Solve Gr. 5
You may enjoy these Reading and STEM Resources:
- Animal Adaptations Reading and STEM Bundle
- Gold Rush Reading and STEM Bundle
- Halloween Reading and STEM Bundle
- Landforms Reading and STEM Bundle
- Muscles and Bones Reading and STEM Bundle
- Pirates Reading and STEM Bundle
- Sharks Reading and STEM Bundle
- Spiders Reading and STEM Bundle
- Sports Reading and STEM Bundle
- Valentine's Day Reading and STEM Bundle
- Volcanoes Reading and STEM Bundle
- Winter Sports Reading and STEM Bundle
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies, and product launches:
Click here to follow my store. It’s that easy to receive email updates about Teachers Are Terrific!
Keep in Touch!
Thank you so much,
Teachers Really are Terrific!