This is a really fun way to teach about regular and irregular verbs. According to the Common Core State Standards, students should master this skill by third grade!
* printable bookmarks for kids to complete during your independent reading time. They also work great during centers!
* cover pages in color and black & white.
* 4 printable worksheets for regular and irregular verb practice.
* definition cards with examples
* 3 charts of irregular verb examples
Ideas for Using abstract noun Bookmarks and Practice Sheets:
• Have students find regular and irregular verbs in the books they are reading. Have them copy them on the bookmarks.
• Work with partners to think of regular and irregular verbs for the practice sheets. Then answer the discussion questions about them together.
• Have students complete a bookmark for irregular verbs and then glue them into their reader’s or writer’s notebooks.
• Have students create a regular and irregular verbs folder and add the bookmarks and practice sheets. Cover pages are included!
• Once the bookmarks are completed, challenge students to think of irregular verbs while writing. Have them identify irregular verbs in their writing.
Common Core Standards for Grade 3 and Beyond:
• CCSS.ELA-Literacy.L.3 Demonstrate command of the conventions of standard English grammar and usage when writing or speaking.
o CCSS.ELA-Literacy.L.3.1d Form and use regular and irregular verbs.