Scoot is a popular game played in many elementary school classrooms. Easily adapted to any content area and grade level, Scoot makes for a welcome change from just completing a worksheet for skill practice. This Scoot is designed to give students practice with identifying complete and simple subjects and predicates in Christmas themed sentences.
To prepare this Scoot game…
Print pages 3- 9.
Laminate the pages for durability.
Cut apart the cards.
Even though each card is numbered, I prefer to write the number on the back of the card as well.
Print the cover page and glue it onto a large envelope.
Print copies of the Recording Sheet, page 10, for each student.
Print a copy of the Answer Sheet, page 11.
Place the cards, Recording Sheets, and Answer Sheet in the envelope for safe storage.
To play Scoot…
1. Place the cards around the room face down in front of each student. If you wish to use all the cards, simply double-up cards in front of some students if necessary.
2. Give each student a Recording sheet, or simply have each student number a sheet of paper from 1-28 (or however many cards you choose to use).
3. Students begin by answering the card(s) in front of them, writing their answer(s) on their paper next to the matching number.
5. After an appropriate amount of time, call “SCOOT!” and students turn the card(s) face down and move to the next place where they answer the question on the card.
6. Play continues in this manner until all items have been answered or time runs out.
7. Collect the student sheets to assess yourself or check them together in class.