Also included in
- This bundle includes my STEM engineering resources for upper elementary and middle school. You can save 20% by purchasing these resources here together. Each resource has students using design thinking to develop solutions. This set is perfect for a STEM class, an after-school engineering program, oPrice $50.11Original Price $62.64Save $12.53
Five STEM Christmas Challenges for December will engage students! Perfect for holiday science and engineering and Christmas STEM Activities. These holiday STEM activities come with lesson plans, follow-up pages, and clear directions for each Christmas STEM challenge. A Fair Test slide show is also included. These Christmas STEM challenges are fun and creative. Can be used as party activities, Engineering Challenges for December STEM activities in the classroom! ⭐
These December STEM activities come with:
★ lesson plans
★ follow-up pages
★ clear directions for each STEM challenge.
★ a Fair Test slide show
These Holiday STEM activities are aligned with NGSS 3-5 Standards for Engineering.
3-5-ETS1-1. Define a simple design problem reflecting a need or a want that includes specified criteria for success and constraints on materials, time, or cost.
3-5-ETS1-2. Generate and compare multiple possible solutions to a problem based on how well each is likely to meet the criteria and constraints of the problem.
3-5-ETS1-3. Plan and carry out fair tests in which variables are controlled and failure points are considered to identify aspects of a model or prototype that can be improved.
Students will use ALL Science and Engineering Practices
- Asking questions (for science) and defining problems (for engineering)
- Developing and using models
- Planning and carrying out investigations
- Analyzing and interpreting data
- Using mathematics and computational thinking
- Constructing explanations (for science) and designing solutions (for engineering)
- Engaging in argument from evidence
- Obtaining, evaluating, and communicating information
The five STEM Holiday challenges included are:
- Dissolve a Candy Cane
- Make a Light-Up Ornament
- Make an Electrical Paper Circuit tree
- Make a Zipline for Santa to ride
- Make a Shelf for an Elf
Dissolving and Solubility
Design Thinking and Engineering
Testing and Refining
You will need coin batteries and LED lights for the light-up ornaments.
You will need copper tape for the paper circuit tree. Students will make a paper circuit to light up a Christmas tree. You will also need a coin battery, paperclip and LED lights for each student.
Want to see some work samples of Holiday Stem Activities for December?
If you have questions about my resources please contact me at email@example.com
* My resources are secure and not editable for copyright reasons.
These resources are created by Lynda R. Williams at Teaching Science
Follow me and get news of my new resources. Each new resource is discounted by 50% for the first 24 hours!
Please see my other STEM Engineering Activities: