Students will enjoy practicing the engineering design process with this fun holiday STEM Activity in which they will get to be one of Santa's elves designing festive holiday challenges. They'll plan, design, test, and redesign their creations using an adorable recording sheet and then they can put their "How To" descriptive writing skills to the test.
STUDENT'S CHALLENGE INSTRUCTIONS:
Santa needs your help making spirit’s bright!
Choose a challenge to bring some joy to the North Pole.
INCLUDED IN THIS PRODUCT:
- Teacher Instructions & Helpful Materials
- Printable or Projectable "STEM Elf Workshop" Cover
- Printable or Projectable "Santa's Workshop" Cover
- 12 STEM Challenge Task Cards (color)
- 12 STEM Challenge Task Cards (B&W)
- Supplementary Printables for STEM Challenges (color and B&W)
- Student Challenge and Design Sheet (six versions)
- "How To" Writing Graphic Organizers (three versions)
- "How To" Writing Final Draft Sheet (four versions)
Cross Cutting Concepts (CCCs):
Cause & Effect
Science and Engineering Practice (SEPs):
Developing & Using Models
Obtaining, Evaluating, and Communicating Information
Looking for more exciting Elementary STEM Activities?
Wishing you a class full of curious minds, always!
All rights reserved. Purchase of this item entitles the purchaser the right to reproduce the pages for individual classroom use only. Duplication for an entire school, an entire school system or for commercial purposes is strictly forbidden without written permission from the author or additional license purchase.
Copyright © 2019 Teaching With Potential (formerly SCIENCEcerely, Me by Erin Hansen)