This STEM project explores what everyone want to hear on New Year's Eve-NOISE! You provide materials for students to design and try their own noisemakers in a 1/2 hour time limit. This STEM's goal is to explore how sound energy works. All the materials you need for documenting student progress are found inside!
This is part of my Holiday STEM Bundle! Check out the BUNDLE TO SAVE and to have Holiday Fun from Thanksgiving to New Years!
Look What's Inside New Year's Eve Noisemakers STEM!
For the Teacher
• Notes for the Teacher including Prep Work, Material Suggestions and instructions
for the video that students watch from the online source
• A Problem Description Page
• Project Criteria and Constraints
• ASK Page "Is there a way to create more noise for New Year's?"
• ASK Video link page
• IMAGINE Direction page
• PLAN Directions with further criteria
• CREATE Direction page
• IMPROVE Directions page where students are prompted to make improvements.
• ALL of the above pages in a COLOR option
• TIME TO Make Some Noise! Color page
• IMAGINE student work page
• ASK student work page to record information about Sound
• ASK student page with guided information to fill out about Sound
• PLAN student work page
• CREATE student work page
• DESIGN STYLE AND OBSERVATION student work page
• IMPROVE student work page
• REFLECT student work page where students answer reflection questions
• QUOTE page in black and white
• QUOTE page in color
PowerPoint Includes :
• Title slide similar to the cover of the product
• A Noisy Problem slide
• ASK slide
• ASK slide video page
• IMAGINE slide
• PLAN slide
• CREATE slide
• TIME TO MAKE SOME NOISE slide
• IMPROVE slide
• Project quote slide
Materials suggested for this project include scissors, liquid glue, staplers, beans, rice, dry cereal, plastic cups, paper towel tubes, jingle bells, fabric, embroidery hoops, paper plates, duct tape, ribbon, tongue depressors, popsicle sticks, paper, straws, or anything else you can dream up! (All items are not needed that are listed here. Use what works for your class to make NOISE!)
Other Items You May Be Interested In:
Christmas STEM: Tree "Trimming"
Holiday STEM: Turkey Thaw (No Real Turkeys Needed!
Scientist Craftivity: A Project Based Learning Product
What is Energy with Erma and Ernie Energy
Force and Motion: Santa's Force and Motion Workshop
Halloween Science: Mad Scientist at Work
Please be sure to follow me for new products, 1/2 price for a limited time! Also, all TPT Teachers love feedback! Please take a minute after you download to share how you feel about any product you download!
Julie from The Best Days :)
Follow The Best Days on Facebook
Follow The Best Days on Instagram
Follow The Best Days at The Best Days Blog