Also included in
- This Christmas BUNDLE provides fun and motivating hands-on resources developed by Lisa Marnell, occupational therapist. It contains 5 resources for fine motor skill building and brain break self-regulation ideas. This bundle contains the following resources: 1- Christmas Brain-Building Brain Breaks$16.00$21.00Save $5.00
- This Christmas and Hanukkah BUNDLE provides fun and motivating hands-on resources developed by Lisa Marnell, occupational therapist. It contains 8 resources for fine motor skill building and brain break self-regulation ideas. This bundle contains the following resources: 1- Christmas Brain-Building$25.00$34.00Save $9.00
This resource includes 10 Christmas copying activities for preschool and kindergarten. Children color and copy pictures of Santa Claus as they build visual skills important for academics.
Why are copying skills important for young children?
: Visual perception is the ability to make sense of visual information. This skill is important for math and reading and is often worked on in occupational therapy. In this product, visual discrimination is addressed as children pay attention to the colorful details in the top picture. Children are instructed to try their best to copy the same colors from the top picture onto the bottom picture.
Visual motor skill is the ability to use vision to guide hand movements. This is seen when drawing shapes or pictures, when cutting on a line, when coloring within the lines, and when carefully copying letters for handwriting. When a child has trouble with visual motor skills then writing, completing math worksheets, drawing, and crafts can be terribly frustrating.
How do I use this resource?
- In this resource there are 10 pages for children to copy and color.
- First, kids look at details in the top picture. Next, they choose the correct crayon color for each detail. Using short crayon pieces promotes a good pencil grasp!
- Sometimes children will make mistakes and that is okay! Developing good visual perceptual skills takes time and practice.
Visit my website at KIDS MASTER SKILLS for skill-building activities and information on the latest research on child development and learning!
Also, check out HANDWRITING HELP FOR KIDS to learn more about the skills children need to succeed with handwriting!
To be notified when new products are posted, Follow My TPT Store, KIDS MASTER SKILLS!
Enjoy this resource! And please provide feedback to receive TPT points!