Fry Words (First 100 words) Recognition
Sight Word Recognition
Kindergarten, 1st Grade, 2nd Grade
- Print the cards out on cardstock for durability and laminate.
- Place all cards in a basket or box (I use a Christmas decorated basket)
- Print out 5-6 (or however many you want depending on the number of students playing together) Santa Sleighs or Christmas Trees. I glue these on a pronged envelope and then laminate so that the kids will have something to put their cards in as they play the game.
- Have students sit together. Each student takes a turn rolling the dice. If the student rolls a 3, then the student pulls out 3 cards.
- The student must be able to read the word on the card and use it in a sentence in order to keep the card.
- If the student can read the word and use it in a sentence, then they get to put the card in their Santa sleigh or Christmas tree envelope.
- If the student can not read the word, and use it in a sentence, they have to put the card back into the basket.
- Students take turn rolling the dice, selecting the number of cards, and reading them.
-When there are no more cards left, students will count up the total number of cards that they have. The one with the most cards wins!
First 100 FRY words on a picture of a gift.
Blank gift cards for you to write your own words on cards.
Picture of Santa’s Sleigh
Picture of a Christmas Tree
16 pages total
Thanks for the purchase of this item. Please remember that this item is intended for the use of one classroom. If you would like a set of different words used, let me know and I would be more than happy to use the words on the cards that you would like!