Students will have a great time singing this fun, original, educational Christmas song and playing a hand clapping game at the same time.
Teaching and learning concepts highlighted in this package:
- beat: 2/4 time signature
- rhythm: quarter note, eighth notes, quarter note rest as well as the minim (Orff
- In tune singing and solfege: d, r, m, s, l, d’ (C pentatonic scale)
- Orff Arrangement with body percussion, untuned and tuned instruments
- Notes: CDE GA C’ (Boomwhacker colours)
This song package includes:
- 32 PowerPoint slides: step by step lessons and notes
- 12 PowerPoint slides: Orff Arrangement
- PDF of PowerPoint slides (lessons and Orff Arrangement)
- 12 PDF pages: lyrics, game instructions, sheet music (Melody and Orffestration) and
- 6 Audio mp3 files:
- Recording with vocals (Song Length: 0:31)
- Accompaniment recording without vocals (Song Length: 0:31)
- Recording with vocals at slow speed with words, time names and solfa (Song
- Accompaniment recording at slow speed with words, time names and solfa (Song
- Recording with vocals, extended version for Clapping Game (Song Length 2:27)
- Accompaniment recording, extended version for Clapping Game (Song Length 2:27)
The PowerPoint Lesson slides follow the sequence of learning a song. Students will start with understanding both the beat and the rhythm, initially with the help of pictorial representations. The rhythms (quarter, eighth notes and crotchet rests) will be shown as stick notation and as proper notes on the staff in a step by step sequence.
Solfege ( do, re, mi, so, la and high do) are added with a pictorial explanation of the intervals between each one as well as hand signs.
The whole song is then shown on the staff, transferring pictorial representations of the rhythms firstly, then moving on to the proper notes in a detailed sequential fashion.
The Orff Arrangement PowerPoint slides are included as an option for extension of the song with body percussion, untuned and tuned instruments. These slides include suggested Teaching Ideas and Sequencing as well as parts. The notes C E G A C’ are played and the minim is introduced in the bass part.
Also, PDF’s of both the Lesson PowerPoint slides and the Orff Arrangement slides are included for your convenience.
There are two Sheet Music PDF’s – melody only and the Orff Arrangement.
6 Audio mp3 files ( Vocal and Accompaniment) are also included in this package, as described above.