Christmas Speech and Language Activity | My Favorite Things | Autism | AAC
What educators are saying
Also included in
- This bundle includes ten "My Favorite Things booklets." These activities are great for making error-less choices and for sharing opinions with peers!When you buy the bundle, you save 25% compared to purchasing individual activities! (Psst . . . these booklets are also part of my Early Language MEGAPrice $12.99Original Price $17.50Save $4.51
- Looking for visuals-based activities for your language therapy students? This bundle of early language therapy activities will provide activities throughout the year!This Year-Long Bundle includes the following bundles:Back-to-School Language BundleFall Language BundleWinter Language BundleSpring LaPrice $42.75Original Price $62.75Save $20.00
- Looking for visuals-based, Christmas-themed activities for your speech and language therapy students? This bundle of Christmas speech and language activities includes Christmas WH Questions, Object Function Questions, a Christmas-themed Interactive Book, "My Favorite Christmas Things" and "My FavoriPrice $7.50Original Price $10.00Save $2.50
- Looking for visuals-based activities for students working on early language skills? This bundle of early language speech therapy activities includes TONS of activities you can use throughout the year with both themed and non-themed resources.When you buy this bundle, you save 40% compared to buyingPrice $79.75Original Price $133.23Save $53.48
Using this Christmas speech and language activity, students create a Christmas Favorite Things Booklet (or a Winter Holidays Favorite Things booklet) by choosing from visual choices.
It encourages sharing opinions with peers for students who benefit from visual choices. (Plus, it can be differentiated for many levels, making it perfect for speech groups!)
*Note: There are two versions included in this resource - one that uses "Christmas" and another that uses "Winter Holidays." (You can see the entire resource by clicking "view preview")
(Pssst. . . .this resource is included in my Christmas Language Bundle and my Early Language MEGA Bundle at a big discount!)
As an SLP, I have used “favorite things booklets” in small groups as well as in 1:1 sessions, particularly with students on the autism spectrum. It is ideal for special education classrooms, speech therapy, or for preschools.
To Use: Just cut the pages apart and staple on the side to make booklets for each student. The final pages are visual choices for each question.
Included: There are five Christmas/Winter Holidays "favorite things" pages plus a cover. Questions include favorite Holiday activity, treat, character, decorations and overall favorite thing about the holidays. There are 4-6 visual choices per question. (Click "view preview" to see the entire resource)
Ideas for Differentiation:
• Read the question and choices aloud and have the student touch his choice. Help the student glue on his answer.
• OR have the student touch her choice, glue it, and then have the student repeat the word after you model it (verbally or via AAC).
• OR help the student read the question and/or label the choices as able. Have the student glue on the item and then write his answer next to the picture.
• OR after going over the question, show the student the visual choices have her write the item and draw a picture instead of gluing the picture.
• OR after presenting the question, see if the student can generate an answer himself. If not offer verbal suggestions and finally visual choices.
In a small group setting, some students might be gluing answers while others will be writing/drawing!
Extend the activity by having each student present one of his favorite things to the group!
Speech Therapy Questions Bundle
Connect with Speak Play Love:
Click here to follow me on TpT (New resources are 50% off for the first 48 hours!)