I have written the story of the birth of Jesus in the stable in Bethlehem. The story is written in picture book style but without the illustrations. I have tried, on each page, to ensure that the words are descriptive thus allowing the students to illustrate to the words, which is an essential criteria for Picture Books.
I envisage several ways of using this book but you will have ideas of your own..
• For the younger classes, each page can be treated separately. A page is read and the students illustrate.
• Each child will have their own copy and can
Follow along with the story as it is read to them.
• The older students will be able to read the story for themselves
and illustrate accordingly.
• I have included some photos of an easy binding process; however, there are many binding ideas.
• This book can be used as an incentive to encourage the students to write their stories to create a picture book of their own.
I hope the students enjoy illustrating the story and creating their own picture book, and in doing so, learn about the holiday season.
I have included several different methods that the students could use to illustrate this book. Many students protest that they cannot “draw”, however I have tried to include other methods of illustrating the pages.