This is a really fun way to teach about subject/verb agreement. According to the Common Core State Standards, students should master this skill by third grade!
* printable bookmarks for kids to complete during your independent reading time. They also work great during centers!
* cover pages in color and black & white.
* 4 printable worksheets for subject/verb agreement practice.
* 3 printable bookmarks for identifying past, present, and future tense subject/verb agreement during reading.
Ideas for Using subject/verb Bookmarks and Practice Sheets:
• Have students find subject/verb agreement in the books they are reading. Have them copy them on the bookmarks.
• Work with partners to think of subject/verb agreement for the practice sheets. Then answer the discussion questions together.
• Have students complete bookmarks for each of the tenses and then glue them into their reader’s or writer’s notebooks.
• Have students create a subject/verb agreement folder and add the bookmarks and practice sheets. Cover pages are included!
• Once the bookmarks are completed, challenge students to pay attention to the subject/verb agreement they use in their own writing.
Common Core Standards for Grade 3 and Beyond:
• CCSS.ELA-Literacy.L.3 Demonstrate command of the conventions of standard English grammar and usage when writing or speaking.
oCCSS.ELA-Literacy.L.3.1f Ensure subject-verb and pronoun-antecedent agreement.*