Very Busy Teachers presents this Christmas thematic unit for Grades 1-2 and advanced learners in kindergarten on Teachers Pay Teachers.
This Christmas thematic unit has 39 pages consisting of the following worksheets:
• Christmas Spelling Word List - this is a list of spelling words with a Christmas theme for students as a lead up to the holiday season.
• Christmas Bingo - students will use their spelling word list to add to their bingo card and draw and picture of each,
• Christmas Spelling Activities - 9 activities for students to practice their spelling words.
• ABC Order with Answer Key - students will write Christmas words provided in ABC order.
• Christmas Analogies with Answer Key - A useful worksheet with a Christmas theme to introduce analogies to the lower grades. The worksheet contain 9 analogies for students to complete.
• Reindeer Mix-up with Answer Key - Santa’s newest elf has harnessed the reindeer in the wrong order. Students are asked to solve word problems and use the cut out named reindeers to help them solve these.
• The Night Before Christmas Sequencing - students will cut out the sections of the poem and work individually or in groups to put the poem in the correct order.
• Snowman Writing Activity - students will think about how they would build a snowman and what words they would use, write these down and then write a story using their words. A great introduction to nouns and verbs for the lower grades
• Christmas Writing Activity - the elves have gone on strike due to working long hours in preparation for Christmas! Students will be the head elf and write a letter to Santa outlining their demands.
• Christmas Stocking Activity - this worksheet has a large black outline of a Christmas stocking and students are asked to pictorially fill the stocking with the things they like most about Christmas.
• Reindeer Word Search with Answer Key - all the reindeer names are hidden in this word search.
• Christmas Gift Activity – the worksheet contains a black outline Christmas tree where students will draw a gift box for each member of their family. They will also draw a picture of each gift in the boxes. They are then to pictorially decorate and color the tree.
• The Twelve Days of Christmas - Match Day with the Symbol Activity – students will draw a line to match the picture of the gift inside the Christmas ball with the correct day it was given.
• The Twelve Days of Christmas - Handwriting Activity - students will practice their handwriting by writing the numbers 1 to 12 in words. Illustrated with each of the gifts given in the Twelve Days of Christmas.
• The Twelve Days of Christmas - Rewrite Song Activity - using their own vivid imaginations students will rewrite the missing words in the Twelve Days of Christmas.
• Christmas Traditions Around The World – Information on different Christmas traditions in countries around the world.
• Christmas Around the World - Passport Activity for Different Countries - students make their own passport and study Christmas traditions in different countries.
• Christmas Around the World - Scavenger Hunt Activity - students will draw a line to match each description with the correct country.
• Christmas Around the World - Writing Activity - every family has its own Christmas traditions. Students will write about their own family’s special traditions and illustrate it as they go.
• Holiday Math with Answer Key – 5 Christmas tree word problems. Students may draw pictures to help them solve the problems.
• Fill The Stocking with Answer Key – a skip count activity to find out how many Christmas stockings were hung by the chimney.
• Gingerbread House Math – students will use the Math clues to decorate the gingerbread house.
• Candy Cane Measurement - students will use the cut out candy canes to do 12 measurement activities
• Guide lined paper (black template and red and blue template) is provided, for students still needing to use these to write, to complete the writing tasks.
Very Busy Teachers wishes everyone a Merry Christmas.
You can follow Very Busy Teachers by visiting:
How To For Teachers BlogVery Busy Teachers on FacebookVery Busy Teachers on Pinterest