A lovely Christmas-themed counting resource aimed at Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten, SEN and ESL/EFL students.
Ideal resource for your math center.
In the list below from 2 to 8 - laminate onto card paper for repeated use.
Content and description:
Extension opportunity for students to count up to 20 (includes activities)
1. PowerPoint Presentation words and figures - There is animation so students can count Santa as he appears (0-10 only)
You can also play slide 14 for counting back from 10 to 1 – image disappears as you can down
2. Eye-catching Snowman number friezes 0 – 20 - for room visuals.
3. Numeral flash cards 0 – 20
4. Santa cards for counting
5. Snowman cards for counting
6. Elf picture cards for counting
7. Christmas stars card for touch counting/match with digit cards
8. Christmas gift pictures and numbers for room visual and for whole class teacher activities.
More Worksheets and Activities
9. Whole page color in number formation and Christmas trees -1
10. Whole page – Color in number formation/Christmas trees (no background color)
11. Trace over numbers with various Christmas pictures - pdf.
12. Trace over numbers and words with various Christmas pictures - pdf.
13. Practice Worksheet 1 – Counting activity up to 5
14. Practice Worksheet 2 – Counting activity 6 to 10
15. Activity Sheets 1 and 2 – Cut/paste presents to stick onto Santa's sack.
16 Practice Worksheet counting 10 to 20 - color in the number of gifts highlighted and then write in the number of gifts not colored in.
17. Tens Frame – Count and write how many presents shown on the tens frame
18. Tens Frame – Cut and paste activity - Students read the number word and then cut out the correct number of baubles and stick onto the tens frame.
Use the PowerPoint as a lesson starter or in the plenary for general counting.
As suggested in the Teacher Notes - use flash cards numbers with picture cards to assess students' learning - shuffle some number cards, e.g. 1 to 10. Lay face down. Ask a student to take a card. If the number is 6, ask him/her to count out 6 elf picture cards and so on.
- Students can match pictures to numbers activities.
- Laminate and peg up the card with Christmas presents in a non-numerical order for children to put back in the correct order either ascending or descending.
File type: Word, pdf and PowerPoint.
Please right click on file to open zip file. Within the zip file you will find the folder containing all the files.
Learning objectives aligned with CCSS: To practice forming numbers
To read and recognize numbers zero to 10
To practice counting from zero/1 to 10 and relationship between numbers and quantities
To connect counting to cardinality
Hope you find this product useful and thank you for visiting my store:-)
*All pages in this download are copyrighted.
You may not use all of this presentation or extracts from it to sell or share.
*This document is for teacher use only. I kindly ask that you do not share with colleagues without purchasing an additional license.
*You are permitted to make adjustments for use with your class, but please do not use materials/ extracts from this to resell. :-)