These self-checking Christmas themed games are perfect for getting students in the holiday spirit while practicing their ability to read CVC and CVCe words! This set of five games will have students alternating between reading words with long and short vowels in order to fine tune their ability to read CVC words and words with a "super e" or "magic e!"
Save 30% by buying these engaging, no-prep games as part of a bundle!
WHAT GAMES ARE INCLUDED IN THIS BUNDLE?
This bundle includes the following activities:
• Christmas Read the CVC or CVCe Word (FREEBIE!)
: Read the CVC or CVCe and move the present to see if you were correct.
• Christmas Find the CVC or CVCe Picture
: Find the picture that matches the CVC or CVCe word.
• Christmas “If I Can Spell” CVC Words
: Use spelling patterns to spell rhyming CVC words.
• Christmas Match the Long or Short Vowel Sound
: Find words that have a similar vowel sound to a given CVC or CVCe word.
• Christmas Which CVC or CVCe Word Matches?
: Distinguish between similarly spelled words to find the correct spelling.
WHAT SKILLS WILL THESE GAMES HELP MY STUDENTS DEVELOP?
These smartboard activities will help your students:
• Segment the sounds in CVC and CVCe words
• Match a CVC or CVCe word to its picture
• Decode real and nonsense CVC and CVCe words
• Identify the correct spelling for CVC and CVCe words
• Isolate the vowel sounds in words
• Find words with similar short and long vowel sounds
• Distinguish between short and long vowel sounds
• Identify short vowel sounds in CVC words
• Identify long vowel sounds in CVCe words
WHAT FILE TYPES ARE INCLUDED?
This ZIP file contains two file types for each of the games:
• A Smartboard file for Smart Notebook (.notebook)
• An Activinspire file for Promethean boards (.flipchart)
LOOKING FOR OTHER SMARTBOARD GAMES?
If you like these games, be sure to check out my other smartboard games! There are:
• Smartboard BUNDLES
• Seasonal Smartboard Games
• Year-Round Smartboard Games for Phonics and Sight Words
A Turn to Learn