Christmas is so amazing! There is fresh delight each year with things to treasure in our hearts to draw us closer to Jesus. If we can slow down long enough, that is, to read, listen, think, and pray. This devotional journal is a way to focus on the Christmas story through Scripture, paintings, and Christmas carols.
As you sing, listen, observe, or read, jot down those deep thoughts and meditations that come to your mind. Then record a brief prayer of thanks, adoration, or surrender. You will love your new Christmas Thoughts & Prayers Journal!
Created with love to make your Christmas meaningful, Christmas Thoughts & Prayers Journal will take you to the deeper places with the Lord, to explore the depths of the ageless Christmas story.
Use 1 page or fill out the entire journal this Christmas season. That’s up to you. Use it for yourself. Use it in your homeschool. It’s your journal now.
Let the message of God’s Love that sent Jesus as a baby boy in Bethlehm be a treasure in your heart that is pondered and written about!
Time to Ponder These Things in Your Heart
Sometimes it can be hard during the Christmas season to drink deeply of the true message of Christmas amid all the hustle and bustle of the season.
This journal provides focus on the Christmas story through Scripture, art, and Christmas carols.
Christmas Thoughts Pages
As we think about the Christmas story that God so loved the world, He gave His Only Begotten Son that whosoever believes in Him will not perish, but have everlasting life, many thoughts will come to your mind. It’s great to journal those thoughts so you can look back at them in the future to be inspired and encouraged in your faith.
Christmas Prayers Pages
As we think about the greatest gift ever given—Eternal Life through Jesus Christ—it leads us to thank, praise, worship, and pray to our God!
Have you ever written your prayers down? You can do this on the Christmas Prayer Pages.
Christmas Carols are packed with joy, festive thoughts, and theology. There is so much to ponder as you sing or just read the words to these beloved Christmas carols.
Sing or read the carols and jot down your thoughts and prayers and the 2 journal pages that follow.
Here are the Christmas Carols in this Journal:
- O Come O Come Emmanuel
- Angels from the Realms of Glory
- It Came Upon a Midnight Clear
- Hark the Herald Angels Sing
- Joy to the World
- Silent Night
- Do You Hear What I Hear?
- O Holy Night
- God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
- O Come All ye Faithful
- O Little Town of Bethlehem
- What Child is This?
- The First Noel
- Angels We Have Heard on High
- In The Bleak MidWinter
- Go Tell It On The Mountain
- While Shepherds Watched Their Flocks By Night
Artwork speaks to the soul and deepens our appreciation of the message of Christmas.
Here are the Christmas Paintings in this Journal:
- Annunciation by Jan Van Eyck
- The Visitation by Philippe de Champaigne
- Birth of John the Baptist by Artemisia Gentileschi
- Visitation by Domenico Ghirlandaio
- Song of the Angels by William Adolphe Bouguereau
- Nativity Scene by Charles Poerson
- The Middelburg Altar Nativity Triptych by Rogier van der Weyden
- Adoration of the Magi by Fra Angelico and Fra Filippo Lippi
- Adoration of the Shepherds by Gerard van Honthorst
- Adoration of the Child by Gerard van Honthorst
- Saint Joseph Cooks a Meal as Mary Cares for Jesus by Conrad von Soest
- Nativity by Rogier van der Weyden
- Three Wise Men by Kupelwieser
- The Journey of the Magi by Sassetta
- The Visit of the Wise Men by Harold Copping
- The Flight into Egypt by Giotto di Bondone
Christmas Story Scripture
The story of Christmas comes straight from the pages of Scripture!
Here are the Scriptures from the Christmas Story:
- Luke 1:5-25 Zechariah is promised a son (John the Baptist)
- Luke 1:26-38 Angel appears to Mary announcing Jesus
- Luke 1:39-45 Mary Visits Elizabeth/John recognizes Jesus
- Luke 1:46-56 Mary sponanteously sings a beautiful song about the Lord
- Luke 1:57-66 Birth of John the Baptist
- Luke 1:67-80 Zechariah sponanteously sings a beautiful song about the Lord
- Matthew 1:18-25 Joseph & Mary’s Engagement & God appears to Joseph in a dream
- John 1:1-18 Jesus is the Word, with God from the Beginning
- Luke 2:1-7 Mary & Joseph Go to Bethlehem to pay taxes; Jesus is born!
- Luke 2:8-10 Angels appear to shepherds who visit baby Jesus
- Luke 2:21-24 Jesus is dedicated and circumcised
Enjoy Christmas this year with the Christmas Thoughts & Prayers Journal!
- Luke 2:25-35 Simeon blesses Jesus
- Luke 2:36-40 Anna blesses Jesus
- Matthew 2:1-12 Wise Men Visit Jesus
- Matthew 2:13-18 Angel tells Joseph to flee to Egypt
- Matthew 2:19-23 Jesus and His family go home from Egypt
Are you looking for a new holiday tradition this Christmas?
Are you looking for a Christmas unit study to enjoy family learning fun the whole month of December?
Try these unit studies: