Need an activity to keep your class engaged, calm, motivated and focused in the lead up to Christmas? Then you need this 'Christmas Travel Agent Challenge' in your classroom. Your students will be challenged to use a variety of different skills and knowledge areas in order to successfully plan a trip to visit Santa's Village for Christmas.
What is included...
- Student Cover Page.
- Your Task - A description of this activity.
- Set the Rules – An opportunity for students to set the rules for this challenge or to follow established rules. For example: How many people are travelling, what is the budget for this trip, how long is the trip for etc?
- Planning Time – An activity that will prepare students, so they will be able to search for flights and accommodation.
- Finland Research Task – Your students might not know a lot about Finland! This task will help your students become familiar with the country Finland, so they know more about the country they are planning a trip to.
- Planner – A calendar template for your students to fill in, which will help them with their initial planning and figuring out dates.
- Budget – A place for students to record what everything costs and to keep track of their expenses.
- Budget Checklist – Helpful hints to make sure your students have considered all expenses.
- Itinerary – A place where students can prepare a detailed itinerary for their client, so they are ready for what they are doing each day.
- Extension Tasks – Got some fast finishers in your class? Here are some extension activities to keep them going.
- Peer/Teacher Marking Sheet – Use this mark sheet if you would like to make this activity a competition between the students in your class!
I really hope you enjoy using this resource!
* Please note that your students will require access to the internet to complete this challenge