Build a Christmas Tree!
A Reinforcing Game for Speech and Language
Decorations for Christmas Tree (5 lights, 4 ornaments, 1 star, 1 candy cane, 2 presents)
Cards detailing which decorations students may choose
Be the first student to collect all decorations on your tree!
*Alternatives: 1. Collect the most decorations by the end of speech OR 2. You (SLP) choose how many decorations they need to collect to win- the first to reach 8, 10, etc.
1. Print and laminate one tree (page 3) for each student in your group (I typically print 4)
2. Print, laminate, and cut out decorations- cut into squares or if you want to go above and beyond, cut around each decoration! (One page of decorations is enough for 2 students; if you have 3-4 students in a group, print 2 copies of page 4).
3. Print 3 copies of the cards on page 2; laminate and cut apart . These give directions on what decorations students pick.
4. Give each student a Christmas Tree. Spread out decorations (face up) and place the cards in a pile, facedown, in the middle of the table.
5. After a student completes a task, he/she may draw a card. The card tells what decoration they choose for their tree. If a student draws a card but he/she already has the decoration, the card may be discarded and the turn is over. You only want one of each decoration on your tree!!
6. The first student to collect one of each decoration on his/her tree (or see alternatives above) is the winner!
*Clipart purchased from Scrappin' Doodles!