This is a fun game for piano students and can be used in various ways - your imagination is your only limit with this resource.
1) Contents and Ideas for Using this Resource
2) Large B&W Christmas Tree (A4)
3) Large Green Christmas Tree (A4)
4) B&W Christmas Trees - 2 to a page
5) Green Christmas Trees - 2 to a page
6) Colouring code
IDEAS FOR USING THIS RESOURCE
1) B&W - Using different coloured dry-erase markers, have your student identify a note on the grand stave. If they are correct, they colour-in the note.
This can also be done with round stickers instead of dry-erase markers.
2) B&W - Use note flash-cards or a random note-generator app. Have the student identify the note on the flash-card and then colour (or place a stocker) over the matching note on the grand stave.
Use a timer - see how many notes your student can correctly identify in 1 minute.
3) Green Tree - have your student write the note names into each ‘bauble’ on the tree.
4) Green Tree - Using small candies, call out a note name (e.g. Bass G in a space) and have your student place the candy over the correct note.
Please note: the two trees are mirror image, so student’s can’t “copy” each other’s work.
1) B&W - have your student use coloured pencils or markers to colour a note after they have named it correctly
2) B&W - Have a race with two or more students - call out a note name (e.g. Treble G) and see which student can find and colour it first.
3) B&W - use as a practice record. (E.g. Your student may colour a note for each time they practices during the week. When all the notes are coloured they win a prize.)
4) Have a colouring competition amongst your students, using the colouring code.
5) Green Tree - have your student write the note names into each ‘bauble’ on the tree.