Celebrate Christmas with this life cycle of a Christmas tree resource and incorporate some science this Christmas! This Christmas tree resource includes a seventeen page realistic fiction book named The Extraordinary Seed written and illustrated by me to teach the Christmas tree life cycle. I also do not reveal what the seed is until the near end of the book. That way students can make predictions about the type of seed it might be. It is packed full of other resources that go along with this resource for the life cycle of a Christmas tree including a Christmas glyph craftivity, emergent and first grade readers about the Christmas tree life cycle process, predictable pocket chart sentences, graphic organizers, writing responses, vocabulary cards, close reading for increasing reading comprehension, and more fun for Christmas!
This resource for Christmas trees just had a make-over for the 2014 season of Christmas! I added better fonts and cuter clipart for Christmas, added some close reading activities, some vocabulary cards, and more options to make it fun for Christmas! If you already purchased this Christmas bundle, simply redownload it again to receive the update. Updates are always included with your purchase of this resource for Christmas.
This resource for Christmas was made for both kindergarten and first grade. This resource for Christmas makes it easy to differentiate instruction during Christmas because you can easily take some of the first grade materials and use it for your advanced kindergarten students or take some of the "emergent" materials and use it for your emerging first graders.
You will find the following in this resource for Christmas:
• Realistic fiction book about the life cycle of a Christmas tree
• Close reading activities based on the realistic fiction book that is included
• 3 leveled emergent reader about the life cycle of a Christmas tree
• Christmas first grade reader about the life cycle process
• Christmas pocket chart predictable sentences about the life cycle process
• Christmas pocket chart first grade sentences about the life cycle process
• Christmas tree life cycle pocket chart cards
• Interactive notebook entry for the life cycle of a Christmas tree
•Christmas tree glyph with craftivity and data
• Three Christmas tree glyph options for the toppers (option 1: peace sign, option 2: angel, option 3: cross)
• Life cycle of a Christmas tree sequencing graphic organizer
• Reading response graphic organizers including a K-W-L chart, Venn diagram, and Christmas tree organizer
• Writing response sheets with visual word bank and Christmas vocabulary cards with images
Materials needed for all this Christmas Cheer:
-Brads for the interactive notebook entry
-You can use either brads or a three-prong notebook to put the realistic fiction book together.
-Card stock for the pocket chart stuff
-Standard Size Pocket Chart for the Pocket Chart Sentences (10 pockets with at least 32 inch width)
-Construction paper or an alternative for the Christmas glyph crafts
A Few Resources that Might interest you:
Gingerbread Man Flip Book for Christmas
Santa Express CVC Game Board for Christmas
Sound Charts and Chants: Alphabet, Blends, Vowel Teams, Digraphs, Bossy R and More
Interactive Notebook Templates 1000+
Want to catch those 50% off deals?
When I first list my products, I put most of them on sale for 50% off for the first day or two! If you follow my store, TPT will send you an email when I post something new. Also, it will show up in the status on the main page as soon as I post. To follow, look under where my logo is located and click on "follow me." Thank you!
This resource for Christmas trees is for personal use only and one license is a single user license for one teacher.
Jolene from The Candy Class