How can you solve problems with a tens frame using the make a picture strategy?
Standards for Mathematical Practice
CCSS.MATH.PRACTICE.MP1 Make sense of problems and persevere in solving them.
Know number names and the count sequence
CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.K.CC.A.3 Write numbers from 0 to 20. Represent a number of objects with a written numeral 0-20 (with 0 representing a count of no objects).
Work with numbers 11-19 to gain foundations for place value.
CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.K.NBT.A.1 Compose and decompose numbers from 11 to 19 into ten ones and some further ones, e.g., by using objects or drawings, and record each composition or decomposition by a drawing or equation (such as 18 = 10 + 8); understand that these numbers are composed of ten ones and one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, or nine ones.
In this set:
* Essential question poster
* What, How, Why Statements
* Christmas tree math workmats (plan, 1 ten frame, 2 ten frames)
* Recording sheets (trees with tens frames, trees with questions & tens frames)
* Six holiday story problems
* Roll and Record (one number cube) – 2 versions (Christmas tree worksheets)