This fun, Christmas tree attribute game challenges students to think critically and match 4 attributes with a given object. Each plain Christmas tree needs decorations, and it's your students' job to decorate the tree by finding Christmas lights, candy canes, ornaments, and a Christmas star. Each Christmas tree lists an item (20 Christmas items included). Students work to match a light bulb, candy cane, ornament, and star for each given item. This can be tricky because there are multiple items that have similar attributes (ie: two things that are white - snowflake, snowman). Here is how you play the game:
1. Print all pages. Laminate and cut apart all materials.
2. Spread out Christmas trees across the table and divide between students.
3. Have students draw a decoration card (star, candy cane, light bulb, or ornament) and read the descriptor on the card to find the right match for each tree.
4. Each tree will have one of each of the decorations. Self check each tree by checking for
one of each item (star, candy cane, light bulb, or ornament) .
5. The first student to completely decorate each of their trees is the winner!
The download includes 20 Christmas trees and 80 matching attributes, 4 blank Christmas trees and 8 blank decorations for your own examples.
If you like this activity, check out the other Christmas language activities:
Christmas Expressive Language Pack
Christmas Receptive Language Pack
Christmas Grammar Pack
Christmas Following Directions Pack
Christmas Fun: Inferences, Context Clues, Details, Story Starters
Elfing Antonyms: Upper Elementary
Stocking Synonyms: Upper Elementary
Elfin' Christmas: WH Questions