This is a fun, holiday writing activity that is festive, but still teaches Common Core Standards. I have loved doing this with my students at Christmastime!
First, each student decorates a tree, using the printable trees and stickers, glitter, markers, pipe cleaners etc. Then, they write a persuasive opinion piece trying to convince others to “buy” their tree! This allows for a lot of creativity and development of opinion writing skills. Everything you need is in this packet (minus the glitter and pipe cleaners of course!).
This writing packet includes:
• Printable Tree Templates (2 sizes)
• Printable For Sale Signs (2 sizes)
• Pre-write Description Graphic Organizer
• Pre-write Persuasive Graphic Organizer
• Example and Non-example Graphic Organizers
• 5 types of festive Tree Writing Paper
• Persuasive Writing Rubric (2nd Grade Common Core)