This complete Christmas themed unit contains language arts, math, and science activities aligned with Common Core State Standards as well as a thermometer practice book and two full science experiments!
Included in this unit:
* December calendar (ELA Standard L.1.2c)
* A Snowy Scene graphing activity (1.MD.4)
* Missing Number Counting/Skip Counting (1.NBT.1)
* Christmas Word Problems (1.OA.1, 1.OA.2)
* Equal or Not? (1.OA.3, 1.OA.7)
* Merry Fact Families (1.OA.5, 1.OA.6)
* Snow Time to the Half Hour (1.MD.3)
* Coin Count
* One More. One Less, Ten More, Ten Less (1.NBT.5)
* Compare Numbers with <, >, = (1.NBT.3)
* Tens and Ones (1.NBT.2a,b,c)
* I Have/Who Has Place Value (1.NBT.2a,b,c)
* Christmas Write the Room
* ABC Order
* How Many Syllables? (RF.1.3b, RF.1.3e)
* Making Words (RF.1.2d)
* Silent e Illustrating, 2 activities (RF.1.3c)
* Sort (begins with sh, ends with sh) (RF.1.3a)
* Long Vowel/Short Vowel, 5 activities (RF.1.2a)
* Reading Responses, 2 activities (RL.1.3)
* Christmas Observation/Informative Writing (W.1.2)
* Christmas Wish/Opinion Writing to go with Polar Express (W.1.1)
* Elf Application Persuasive Writing (W.1.1)
* Christmas Writing Paper, 5 styles
* Thermometer Practice Book (Fahrenheit and Celsius)
* Experiment 1: The Melting Snowmen
* Experiment 2: The Mitten Mystery
This unit will help you keep things fun for Christmas and wintertime while packing in skills and content!
Click here for Apples to the (Common) Core PLUS Science!
Click here for Pumpkins to the (Common) Core PLUS Science!
Common Core State Standards © Copyright 2010. National Governors Association Center for Best Practices and Council of Chief State School Officers. All rights reserved.