Christmas Virtual Party Games - Games for Zoom and Google Meet
Also included in
- Celebrating the winter holidays during distance learning or remote learning? Are you planning a holiday class party in a socially-distanced classroom? This all-inclusive bundle includes everything you need to have a virtual class holiday party. This bundle includes the following:Editable Holiday ClaPrice $34.00Original Price $38.00Save $4.00
- Celebrating the winter holidays during distance learning or remote learning? Are you planning a holiday class party in a socially-distanced classroom? This all-inclusive bundle includes everything you need to have a virtual class holiday party. This bundle includes the following:Editable Holiday ClaPrice $15.00Original Price $17.50Save $2.50
Looking for some fun virtual games for your holiday class party? These games are sure to be a hit with your students. This Nearpod resource includes three virutal games for Zoom or Google Meet: This or That (grades TK and up), Do You Know Your Peers (grades 1 and up), and What If (grades 4 and up). Please note that Do You Know Your Peers and What If are completely editable, so you can make them fit your students and their grade level (reading ability). Trust me, your students will be begging you to play again!!!
Have you ever used Nearpod to help support your literacy instruction? I HIGHLY recommend it!!! This is a great way for students to practice their phonics skills. Nearpod is an engaging and interactive way to deliver instruction through distance learning and/or support your math centers. You can create a free Nearpod account, and the instructions for doing so are included in this bundle. It only takes 2 minutes to sign up.
Students can either join the lesson by using a desktop/Chromebook and going to the Nearpod website OR students can use the app on a tablet/ipad.
Nearpod can be used in two ways. These lessons can be assigned to your whole class simultaneously, allowing you to control your students' screens even when in a different location. This makes it perfect for distance learning!!! It can also be assigned to individual students to complete at their leisure, again making it ideal for distance learning. I LOVE to assign Nearpod lessons as independent work during centers. It gives students the opportunity to practice when working independently. The best part is that you will have access to reports that show you all of their answers. This makes for very useful data!
The link to the Nearpod lesson is on the PDF file. I recommend creating your FREE Nearpod account before clicking the link to save the lesson. Each game includes 10 slides/questions. You can always add or take away as you see fit. Here is a brief description of each game:
- My Favorite Things (This or That): Students use the pen tool to select their favorite item given two options.
- Do You Know Your Peers: Students participate in a poll about a random student, guessing what s/he likes about the holidays. (I recommend using a digital spinner to randomly select a student. (Click here to see the digital winter spinners from Learning N Progress.)
- What If...?: This is simply hilarious! Your students are sure to be laughing and smiling the whole time. This game is recommended for upper graders, middle school, high school, and even adults! Participants participate in a poll about a randomly selected student. (Click here to see the digital winter spinners from Learning N Progress.) Example question: What if _____ were a Christmas disaster? Which would s/he be? tangled lights, burnt cookies, presents arrive late, etc...