Products in this Bundle (4)
Also included in
- Vocabulary Curriculum Bundle: 12 months of Jargon Journal vocabulary curriculum!Jargon Journal is a weekly vocabulary program tied to picture books. This BUNDLE is for the following vocabulary curriculum sets. See each set's listing to see what books are included.August Bundle (Back to School)Septem$49.95$99.55Save $49.60
Grab 4 weeks of meaningful Christmas vocabulary activities for your 1st-3rd grade classroom! These vocabulary activities use holiday picture books to teach tier 2 vocabulary words in an engaging way! This impactful routine will help your students master new vocabulary words each week while enjoying seasonal read-aloud books.
This Christmas Vocabulary Activities Bundle includes these 4 weekly vocabulary units:
Throughout the week students practice the 4 weekly vocabulary words in a variety of ways and record their thinking in an interactive journal. A brief assessment can be done at the end of the week to see how well students have retained the new vocabulary words.
Note: While these units complement the mentioned picture books, they do not provide the text and the books are not required for utilizing the materials.
You’ll love how easy it is to implement this easy routine for meaningful seasonal learning and your students will love using the new vocabulary they learn!
Each unit includes:
- Vocabulary Words (for posting on the board during discussions)
- Word Cards that coordinate with the picture book
- Review activity that incorporates a lot of active participation
- Poster for displaying the words throughout the year
- Foldable Vocabulary Flaps (master)
- Vocabulary cards with photo support
- Interactive review PowerPoint
➜ Download the preview to see more of what’s included with each book unit!
Supports Common Core Standards (CCSS):
L.1.4, L.1.5, L.1.6
L.2.4, L.2.5, L.2.6
L.3.4, L.3.5, L.3.6
WHAT TEACHERS ARE SAYING
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “These Jargon Journals are amazing. I love them. My students love them. They have learned so many great Tier 2 words...and guess what? They are transferring the words into their writing!! Yahoo!!! That is a sign of a great resource! ”- Traci C.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “I found these when I began teaching second grade and love them! They are so easy to use and have wonderful ways for the students to deepen their understanding of the words. ” - Katie F.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “I love using your Jargon Journal in my classroom! The kids remember the words and will say "ding" when they come up at other times.” - Theresa B.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “My students are loving these!!! They don't even want to stop for the week before Christmas break!” - Heather P.
Bundle & Save!
Purchase the to get this resource as part of our year-long vocabulary bundle.
You may also like…
Copyright © Second Story Window
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.