This resource incorporates several skills to practice. Children are able to practice and reinforce their recall of the Christmas Vocabulary words(Santa, Christmas, tree, reindeer, sack, wreath, stockings, fireplace, toys, elves, born, stable, presents, turkey, sleigh, list, snowflakes, bells, carols, children, Jesus, celebrate, birth)) by using the words in context.
The activities are differentiated to meet the differing needs within your classroom. Each activity has 3 levels of difficulty, which can be used to cater for the differing needs in the room or as a natural progression of fluency.
The activities include:
• Flashcards to introduce the vocabulary
• Jumbled sentences to order and match to a picture. Children can show their comprehension of the sentence through the choice of colours they use. (4 pages with 4 sentences on each)
• Reordering a simple sentence according to comprehension of a picture and sentence clue. (16 pages)
* Reordering a simple sentence according to comprehension of a picture clue. (16 pages)
• Reordering a sentence independently without a picture clue. Children are forced to rely on the capital letter and full stop. (16 pages)
By completing these activities the children are demonstrating their ability to recognise familiar sight vocabulary, comprehend what they have read, sequence a simple sentence using correct
If you would like the same resource with different vocabulary, please leave me a message in the feedback, comments section of the resource and I will make one up.