Christmas WH Questions - Autism - Speech Therapy - Lots of Visuals!
- Easel Activity
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Do you need to work on WH Questions year-round? This bundle of WH Questions has a combination of question cards and interactive books with lots of visuals! Interactive books and Task Cards are included for each season as well as two non-themed WH question card sets! When you buy these resources as aPrice $33.50Original Price $45.25Save $11.75
- Looking for visuals-based, Christmas-themed activities for your speech and language therapy students? This bundle of Christmas speech and language activities includes Christmas WH Questions, Object Function Questions, a Christmas-themed Interactive Book, "My Favorite Christmas Things" and "My FavoriPrice $7.50Original Price $10.00Save $2.50
- Looking for visuals-based activities for students working on early language skills? This bundle of early language speech therapy activities includes TONS of activities you can use throughout the year with both themed and non-themed resources.When you buy this bundle, you save 40% compared to buyingPrice $79.75Original Price $133.23Save $53.48
Looking for a fun, WH questions activity during the holidays in your speech therapy sessions? This set of 30 Christmas WH questions includes who, what, when, where, and why questions. Each card has a picture to aid in comprehension of the question as well as a field of three visual choices.
The use of pictures supports language comprehension and the visual choices make these cards accessible for both verbal and non-verbal students. These cards are ideal to use for speech therapy and special education, including students on the autism spectrum.
(Pssst. . . .this resource is included in my Christmas Language Bundle and my Early Language MEGA Bundle at a big discount!)
Each Christmas WH- question card includes:
· A written WH question
· A large picture related to the question to increase comprehension
· Three visual answer choices paired with written words
(Click the 'preview' button to see examples!)
To use: Print and cut each page in half on the black line. I typically print on cardstock and laminate OR I print on regular paper and laminate with thick lamination pouches.
Ideas for Differentiation:
• Cover the three answer choices as you read the question aloud to your student with the visual aid picture (large picture) visible. If your student is able, s/he may answer verbally or using his/her personal AAC device without choices.
• If not, uncover the three answer choices and read the options aloud as you point to each one.
• If this is too difficult, only uncover two or one choice to start (or offer a prompt such as a gesture or verbal prompt)
• Start with one type of WH- question such as “what” questions and move on to other types as the student is ready.
• To make this more challenging, mix the question types into a random order.
(Would you prefer a BOOM Cards version of this resource? Click here to view.)
You may also like:
Christmas Following Directions Coloring
Christmas Favorite Things Booklet
Connect with Speak Play Love:
Click here to follow me on TpT (New resources are 50% off for the first 48 hours)