This self-checking Christmas-themed game is the perfect way to get your students to practice fine-tuning their ability to read CVC and CVCe words. Students need to identify what picture is at the top of the page and pick which of the two similarly spelled words at the bottom of the page is correct. This game will also help students with reading nonsense words... as some of the words included aren't real!
Best of all, this game is self-checking... when students touch the correct answer they'll hear a fun cheering sound!
WHAT SKILLS WILL THIS GAME HELP MY STUDENTS DEVELOP?
This smartboard game is a great way to have your students:
• Match a CVC or CVCe word to its picture
• Decode real and nonsense CVC and CVCe words
• Identify the correct spelling for CVC and CVCe words
• Distinguish between short and long vowel sounds
WHAT FILE TYPES ARE INCLUDED?
This ZIP file contains two file types:
• A Smartboard file for Smart Notebook (.notebook)
• An Activinspire file for Promethean boards (.flipchart)
LOOKING FOR A DISCOUNT?
Save 30% by getting this game as part of a CHRISTMAS CVC AND CVCE BUNDLE (5 games included!)
LOOKING FOR OTHER SMARTBOARD GAMES?
If you like this game, be sure to check out my other smartboard games! There are:
• Smartboard BUNDLES
• Seasonal Smartboard Games
• Year-Round Smartboard Games for Phonics and Sight Words
A Turn to Learn