Your middle school students will love this Christmas Whiteout Poetry Activity!
The main idea behind whiteout poetry is for students to create a completely new meaning from a given text. In this case, we've included excerpts from stories relating to Christmas! Students will identify vibrant and strong vocabulary in the text that will guide the theme of their poem. They will then proceed to "whiteout" the words around it that are not critical for the poem. The finished product is a new poem!
**SAVE OVER 25% ON THIS RESOURCE and grab our 6 Christmas Reading and Writing Resources Bundle!**
INCLUDED IN THIS UNIT:
- Instructions for Use:
Detailed instructions for the teacher, including materials needed for the activity as well as a student example.
- 7 Christmas Excerpts:
We've included 7 different excerpts from Christmas stories for your students to use for their whiteout poems. Each of these excerpts are included with cute Christmas clipart and frames - perfect for hanging up around your classroom!
- Whiteout Poetry Rubric:
An easy-to-use rubric to make grading a breeze for this fun poetry activity!
OTHER CHRISTMAS / HOLIDAY RESOURCES YOU'LL LOVE:
- 12 Days of Christmas Activities for Middle School & High School
- Gingerbread House for Sale - Descriptive Writing Activity
- Christmas Narrative Writing Unit for Middle School
- Complete Christmas Unit - "The Gift of the Magi"
- Christmas Countdown Daily Writing Prompts
- 24 Winter Writing Prompts
- Holiday Gift Tags
- 6 Christmas Reading and Writing Resources Bundle
- FREE Christmas Activities Resource for Middle School & High School