Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
What’s inside the lesson plan:
- A Lesson Plan page aligned to both CCSS and Texas TEKS standards
- A beautiful Power Point for your students to work from which puts that last day or two of class on autopilot
- Each slide has a Christmas or Winter-themed quote from famous literature
- Each slide contains a re-teach of the type of figurative language used in the quote
- The quotes each contain rich examples of figurative language
- Built-in questions related to the writer’s use of imagery, figurative language, etc. in the quotes with a separate handout for each of the 10 quotes in the Power Point
Ideas for how to use this lesson plan:
- There are 10 quotes, so you could use one each day for 10 days leading up to Christmas break
- You could use five on one day and five on another day to help get you and your students through those last two days before break
- Just use all 10 on that final day and keep your class running pretty much on autopilot!
- Print out the slides of the Power Point in full color and laminate them! Then post them around the room and have students move from quote to quote in any order, responding to the writer’s use of imagery and figurative language on the provided student handouts, using those quotes as model texts so they can write their own descriptions!
* * * If you're a member of the Middle School ELA Teachers Lesson Plan Community, then you already have this whole lesson pack plus the other holiday packs, along with full complete resources for 6th, 7th, and 8th grade lessons in the members-only lesson plan area!
* * * Not a member? Learn more about how to become a member by going to www.languageartsteachers.com and click on the "Join Now" button on the top right :-)
* * * Members have all of their bell-to-bell lesson plans totally done for the entire school year (along with new materials added regularly)! This allows the members I serve to save hours and hours of time each week because they're able to choose personal family time over prepping for class! Learn more at www.languageartsteachers.com