This is one of my favorite ways to get kids excited about writing! Play a game of BINGO using Christmas nouns, verbs, and adjectives and then challenge your students to use those words to write a story! Here’s how to do it:
1. Give your students and blank bingo grid and the Christmas Word List.
2. Have them chose and circle/highlight 25 words (or 24 words and make one
FREE spot). For 25 words I recommend 9 nouns, 8 verbs, and 8 adjectives.
For 24 words I recommend 8 nouns, 8 verbs, and 8 adjectives.
3. Have them fill out their blank bingo grid with their words, arranging them
4. When all of the kids have their bingo sheets filled out, start the bingo game.
Randomly choose words (you can cut them out and pull them out if you want
to get fancy, but I just pick them from my list at random and cross them out
as I call them) and call them out to the kids.
5. Have the kids cross their words out as they are randomly selected (I have my
kids use a red or green crayon) and continue the game however you wish.
1. After the bingo game, challenge your kids to write a story, using their BINGO
words! Use the paper included in the download or whatever writing paper you
2. Write, illustrate, share, enjoy!!!!
Happy Writing and Happy Holidays!!
Created by Elizabeth Vlach