Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
1.86 MB | 7 pages
Christmas Worksheet fun your students
New Page added - Christmas Secret Pictures – Let your little detectives solve the secret code. Students write the beginning sound of the small pictures to figure out the Christmas item they are to draw.
1. Christmas Rhyming Words - Students practice their phonemic skills by drawing a line between the Christmas pictures in the center column and the pictures that rhyme with that on both the left and the fight columns. Be sure and check out the similar Literacy Circle activity that allows students to practice this skill in a large group setting. Check my store and look for "Circle Time Activity – Christmas Ornaments Rhyming Words."
2. Christmas Secret Message – Let your little detectives solve the secret code and then draw a picture of what the secret code has said. Students write the beginning sound of the small pictures to figure out the words in the clue.
3. Christmas Maze – Children follow along a maze as they help Santa find the Christmas tree. A maze might just seem like a fun way to pass time, but they are actually a valuable learning tool for children. Mazes are a fun way to practice math skills like logic and problem-solving. It also helps to improve hand-eye coordination.
4. Ornament Rhyming Words – Students cut and paste to match ornament halves that rhyme. Be sure and check out a similar activity designed to let students practice rhyming skills during large group Circle time. Check out my store and look for "Literacy Circle Time - Ornament Rhyming Words."
5. Christmas Color Words page – Students practice reading color words as they color the Santa hats different colors depending on the color word written on the hat. There is a cute picture that students can color when they finish of an elf trying to explain to Santa why the hats are all different colors.
6. Answer key to the Secret message pages showing pictures and the word associated with that picture. Beginning sounds of the pictures are used to solve the clues.
If you like my activities please take the time to rate them and leave a nice comment. If you find any mistakes please contact me immediately and I will make efforts to correct any typos or other issues you have discovered.
Please check out the other learning centers and circle time activities in my store: http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Barbara-Kilkenny