Also included in
- Kids love learning about the holidays. Engage them in fun holiday writing kindergarten activities with this bundle that includes holiday writing prompts and activities for Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Valentine's Day, and St. Patrick's Day. The printable kindergarten writing paper includes vo$24.80$31.00Save $6.20
Engage your students in fun Christmas writing activities and prompts for kindergarten. Students write a letter to Santa, create booklets, and respond to literature. The topics and activities include Santa Claus, reindeer, elves, family Christmas traditions, sentence writing, and more!
Use the holiday printables for guided writing, small and whole group writing, or at a thematic literacy center.
The packet includes:
- I can learn about Christmas. – Draw, write, and share about Christmas.
- What can you write about holiday treats? – Color and write about holiday treats.
- Santa can . . . Writing – Complete the sentence frame to tell about what Santa can do. Draw a picture to illustrate the writing.
- Christmas tree . . . Writing – Complete the sentence frame by writing about what a Christmas tree has. Draw a picture to illustrate the writing.
- A reindeer is . . . Writing – Complete the sentence frame by writing about what a reindeer is. Draw a picture to illustrate the writing.
- It is Christmas! – Draw and label a list of three things you can do to celebrate Christmas.
- Christmas Scavenger Hunt – Post the picture word cards on the walls of the classroom Write the words and draw pictures that illustrate the words on the recording sheet.
- Christmas – Draw a Christmas picture. Write about the picture.
- Christmas Colors – Trace the color words. Draw and label pictures to show colors we see during the Christmas holiday.
- I can write Christmas words. – Trace the Christmas words. Color the pictures.
- Christmas Book Report – Write about a favorite part of a Christmas book.
- Retell a Christmas Story – Draw and label to tell what happens at the beginning, middle, and end of a Christmas story.
- A Christmas Story – Draw and label who the story was about (main character), where the story takes place (setting), and what happened in the story (main event).
- Christmas Fun! – Draw a picture of a fun Christmas activity. Trace and finish an “I like to . . .” sentence.
- I Read a Christmas Animal Book - Draw a picture to illustrate the story. Write a response to the question, “Did you like it?”
- My Family Christmas – Finish the sentences to tell how your family celebrates on Christmas Day.
- The Christmas Tree – Decorate and write about the tree. Trace and complete the “The tree has . . .” sentence starter.
- Want Santa to Bring . . . – Draw and label three things you want Santa Claus to bring in his pack.
- Stocking Stuffers – Draw and label what you would like to find in your stocking on Christmas morning.
- Letter to Santa – Write a letter to Santa.
- I Read a Book About Santa – Draw a picture of a favorite part of the story. Answer the question, “What was your favorite part and why?”
- All I Want for Christmas – Draw and label 4 things you want for Christmas.
- Writing About Reindeer – Draw and write about reindeer.
- Reindeer Facts – Draw and label two facts about reindeer. Trace and complete the “A reindeer can . . .” sentence.
- Draw a Funny Reindeer – Draw a picture of a funny reindeer. Trace and complete the “The reindeer has . . .” sentence.
- Reindeer Fun – Make a “Reindeer Fun” booklet by labeling the pictures that show three fun reindeer activities. Color the pictures.
- Draw a Christmas Elf – Draw a picture of an elf. Trace and complete the “The elf has . . .” sentence.
- Elves At Work – Draw two things that elves do in Santa’s workshop. Complete the “An elf can . . .” sentence.
- Elf Detective – Draw and write what you predict you will get in one of your Christmas presents.
- How to Make Cookies for Santa Booklet – Trace and read the sentences about how to make cookies for Santa.
- What is the same and different about . . . ? – Draw and label what is the same and different about Christmas and Thanksgiving.
- The Night Before Christmas - Draw and write about what you do the night before Christmas.
- What I Can See at Christmas Time - Trace, read, and illustrate the sentences about what is seen at Christmas time.
- Writing Center Printables – Christmas themed note cards and writing paper for open-ended writing activities. Perfect for a writing center.
View the Preview for a detailed view of what's included in the packet.
You may also like these kindergarten activities:
- Christmas Math Centers Kindergarten
- Christmas Literacy Centers Kindergarten
- Christmas Picture Word Cards
- Winter Writing for Kindergarten
Click HERE to follow First Grade Schoolhouse for updates, freebies, and notifications of new products.
Thank you ♥♥♥ for visiting my store!
First Grade Schoolhouse