Christmas Tree Character Analysis Writing: This assignment gives students the opportunity to evaluate a character from any short story, novel, movie or play. Students get the unique opportunity to decorate a tree filled with all kinds of things that represent their character of choice. Creativity and thought are required!
• Assignment sheet
• Brainstorming outline
• Writing frame
• Extension activity (essay)
• Essay outline (two versions)
• Editable rubrics
• Thesis statement handout
• Essay checklist
There are two activities in this file, but the second is an extension
of the first (therefore, while there is an essay component, students do not need to know how to write an essay to complete the first assignment). All students need to be able to do for the first is analyze the various elements of a character (different categories are provided within the assignment). While the assignment is applicable for the outlined grades, it could be used for higher and lower levels (especially the first part) if desired.
Looking for more FUN, ENGAGING and CREATIVE products for the holiday season?
- Christmas Escape Room
- Christmas Cookie Character Analysis
- Ugly Christmas Sweater Activity
- Creative Christmas Newspaper Article
- Christmas Career Project
- Advent Calendar Holiday Countdown Prompts
- Dear Santa - Friendly Letter Writing
- December Journal Writing Prompts
- Persuasive Letter to Santa
- 12 Days of Christmas Countdown
- Create Your Own Christmas Carol
- Christmas Vacation Newspaper Article
- Christmas/Holiday Essay Outline
★ Click *HERE*
to go to the individual product links
(above) and click *HERE*
for the Christmas Writing Bundle
Check out the FREE preview for a better look at this assignment!
©The Classroom Sparrow