This is a creative writing activity that is super fun for Christmas. Talk with students about how much fun it would be to have a pet elf! Included in this writing unit are:
• Prewriting graphic organizing worksheets to help develop story ideas, build character descriptions, create a problem and solution, and organize events in the story.
• A cover page for student work. This works great for making a packet of work or creating a writing folder for this project.
• Lined writing paper with elf-themed borders for first drafts and final copies in color and black and white.
• Teacher record-keeping/observation form for taking notes during the writing conferences.
• Revising checklist for self-revising, peer-revising, and teacher-revising.
• Editing checklist for peer-editing.
Copyright © 2015 Jen Bengel
All rights reserved by author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only.
Not for public display.