This is a fun project to get your students into the Christmas spirit. After brainstorming all of the things Santa could possibly put into his big, red sack, students take their ideas and create simple story books using the template provided. When their story is completed students construct a 3-D sleigh to place their stories in for display. I have designed this activity with different learning needs in mind. You may choose to have you whole class complete this activity the same way, or you may vary the ways students approach this activity depending on the needs of your students.
The following download includes:
- A short description of how this project can be used with a variety of different learners
- A rough copy of Santa’s Big, Red Sack (in case you would like your students to complete this first, however depending on the supports you use, this may not be necessary)
- Santa’s sleigh 3-D model template
- Instructions for constructing Santa’s sleigh and book
- A printable student word bank with ideas for items to fill Santa’s sack along accompanying describing words
- A good copy of Santa’s Big, Red Sack book pages.
- A list of possible things Santa may put into his sack displayed on pocket chart cards with accompanying pictures
- A set of 1 – 20 pocket chart numbers and words
- Blank pocket chart cards for adding extra items if needed
Christmas Writing Project - Santa's Big, Red Sack
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License