Give your students a chance to have some fun and enjoy the holiday season while practicing their writing skills! This fun and unique writing task gives students a chance to create some newspaper articles about Santa himself!
Two different sets of directions/options are included to fit the needs of your classroom and the time you may have for this fun activity.
One option asks students to “interview” Santa, his elves, and his reindeer. Student can interview a partner based on questions they create. Then, the pair can switch roles and interview the other “Santa.”
A second option is for students to pretend they interviewed Santa and company to write their articles. A pre-writing and recording sheet is included for the interview process!
This second option takes the interviewing out of the task and asks students to write articles about Santa, his elves, and his reindeer.
Two versions of a pre-writing organizer (both with and without the 5 W’s listed) are included for students to pre-write and gather their ideas before writing the article.
A super cute holiday themed newspaper template is included for students to create their newspaper.
To recap, here is what is included:
• 2 versions of directions for a newspaper about Santa, his elves, and his reindeer.
• A teacher’s guide to the materials with ideas for usage
• A pre-writing organizer for an interview with “Santa”
• 2 version of a pre-writing organizer for writing an article (With and without 5 W’s)
• 2 versions of a holiday themed newspaper template with room for three different articles (Or the front page alone can be used for one article!)
Check out my other fun Christmas Products!
"The Polar Express" Common Core Unit
Elf Training Guide-A Fun and Creative Writing Task to Create a Training Guide for New Elves at the North Pole
Reindeer Partner Cards & Grouping Cards with Matching Table/Wall Signs
Santa Takes a Vacation: 6 Creative Writing Prompts with Matching Papers
Kindness Elves Christmas Writing Prompts, Papers, and Card Templates
Please let me know if you’d like anything tweaked or edited. Thank you so much for checking out my products!