Christmas Writing for Kindergarten is the perfect packet to engage your students in a variety of winter season holiday writing activities and booklets. The Christmas writing topics include Santa Claus, reindeer, elves, family holiday traditions, writing a letter to Santa, sentence writing, response to Christmas literature, and more. It works well for guided writing, small and whole group writing, or for your writing or literacy center.
The packet includes:
• I can learn about Christmas. – draw, write, and share about Christmas.
• What can you write about holiday treats? – draw and write about holiday treats.
• A Santa can . . . Writing – complete the sentence frame to tell about Santa. Draw a picture to illustrate the writing.
• A tree has . . . Writing – complete the sentence frame to tell something about a Christmas tree. Draw a picture to illustrate the writing.
• A reindeer is . . . Writing – complete the sentence frame to tell something about a reindeer. Draw a picture to illustrate the writing.
• It is Christmas! – write a list of things you can do to celebrate Christmas.
• What I See at Christmas – draw and label four things you see during the Christmas holiday season.
• Christmas – draw a Christmas picture and write about it.
• Holiday Colors – finish each “I see” sentence frame. Trace the color words.
• I can write Christmas words. – trace the Christmas words. Color the pictures.
• Christmas Book Report – write about a favorite part of a Christmas book.
• Retell a Christmas Story – draw and label a sequence of three events in a Christmas story.
• A Christmas Story – draw and label the main character (who), setting (where), and an event (what) from a Christmas story.
• I read a Christmas animal book. – draw a picture to illustrate the story, and write a response to the question, “Did you like it?”
• Christmas is Fun! – draw a picture of a fun Christmas activity. Trace and finish an ”I like to . . .” sentence.
• Christmas with Family – draw and write about Christmas activities with family. Trace and complete the sentence frame, “We like to . . .”
• Christmas Day Traditions - draw a picture of Christmas Day traditions. Trace and complete the “We . . .” sentence starters.
• The Christmas Tree – decorate and write about the tree. Complete the “The tree has . . . “ sentence starter.
• I want Santa to bring . . . – draw and write what you would want Santa to bring you for Christmas.
• Stuff It In My Stocking – draw and write what you would like in your Christmas stocking.
• A Letter to Santa – write a letter to Santa.
• I read a book about Santa. – draw a picture of a favorite part of the story. Answer the question, “Did you like it?”
• Where does Santa go on vacation? – draw and write about where you think Santa goes on vacation.
• All I Want for Christmas – draw and label 4 things you want for Christmas.
• Writing About Reindeer - draw a picture of a reindeer. Trace and finish the ”I like reindeer. Reindeer . . .” sentence.
• All About Reindeer – draw and label 2 facts about reindeer. Complete the sentence frame, “A reindeer can _________________.”
• Draw a Funny Reindeer – draw a picture of a funny reindeer. Complete the ”My reindeer has . . . .” sentence.
• Draw a Christmas Elf – draw a picture of a Christmas elf. Complete the ”My elf has . . . ” sentence.
• Elves at Work – draw and label two things that elves do in Santa’s workshop.. Trace and complete the sentence, “An elf can ______________________.”.
• Elf Detective – draw and write what you think you will find in one of your gifts. Complete the “My gift is . . . “ sentence.
• How to Make Cookies for Santa Booklet – trace and read the sentences about how to make cookies for Santa.
• What is the same and different about . . . ? – draw and label what is the same and different about Christmas and Thanksgiving.
• The Night Before Christmas – draw and write about what you do the night before Christmas.
• What I See at Christmas Time Booklet – trace, read, and illustrate the sentences about what you see at Christmas time.
• Writing Center Printables – Christmas themed note cards and writing paper for open-ended writing activities or at a writing center.
Includes graphics &/or fonts copyright Dianne J. Hook. www.djinkers.com. License #: 12159215601.
View the Preview
for a detailed view of what's included in the packet.
→ This packet was updated November 2016. If you purchased it before this date, download it again to get the updated version.
For more kindergarten writing activities
Spring Writing for Kindergarten
Back to School Writing for Kindergarten
Fall Writing for Kindergarten
Halloween Writing for Kindergarten
Thanksgiving Writing for Kindergarten
Winter Writing for Kindergarten
Christmas Writing for Kindergarten
Valentine's Day Writing for Kindergarten
You may also like Christmas
picture word cards for your kindergarten writing activities:
First Grade Schoolhouse