Ready to embark on 16 Christmas / holidays around the world adventures with Globe Trot Scott Globe Trot Scott travels around the world to celebrate different holiday traditions? As he visits each location, he will send your students a special package. Inside the package, they will find a letter about his journey and a souvenir. The souvenir may be a fun craft that they will complete or a tasty treat to enjoy.
In this 260+ page packet, Globe Trot Scott travels to the following locations:
- France (Buche De Noel treat)
- Uganda (small African drum craft)
- Italy (little secret napkin notes, Santa vs. La Befana)
- Germany (gingerbread man cookie craft and writing activity)
- Mexico (tissue paper poinsettia craft)
- Sweden (paper roll Tomten craft and writing activity)
- Israel (dreidel craft and instructions on how to play Dreidel)
- England (holiday card and decorate the "perfect" tree writing activity)
- Australia (sandman craft - instead of a snowman!)
- China (red envelope with "lucky coins" writing activity)
- Russia (Russian nesting doll ornament craft)
- India (Diwali Lantern craft)
- Kwanzaa (unity chain craft)
- Jordan (Muslim holiday - Eid ma'mool cookie and Kindness Bingo Challenge)
- USA (My Family's Traditions writing activity)
- Canada (same as USA)
*Note: A modified digital version has been added to this resource. It is available in Google Slides and Seesaw!
Teacher To Do:
I've also provided you with a "Teacher To Do" sheet to help keep you organized. On the sheet, I provide you with the materials you will need for the souvenir, along with book suggestions (with links) and web resources about each holiday (with links).
PowerPoint Presentation for Each Country:
You will find a PowerPoint presentation for each country included in this download, as well.
The HUGE PowerPoint includes:
- facts about each holiday
- audio of how to say "hello" in each country
- vivid, real photographs of different landmarks and scenery from each country
Ticket To Anywhere:
After students learn about all of the different holidays from Globe Trot Scott, they will receive a "ticket to anywhere." They will be able to choose the holiday/country they enjoyed learning about the most and will go there to "visit." Students will record what they see, do, and eat in their personal travel journal.
If you want to have students travel along with Scott on his great adventures, you can now find a passport included in this resource. There are stamps included so students can get each country "stamped" as they visit.
Can You Spot Globe Trot Scott?
This is an excellent activity to complete after learning about all of the different holidays. For this activity, you will give students photographs from Globe Trot Scott's travels. Have students look closely at the photographs to locate Globe Trot Scott. Then, have them determine where he was when the picture was taken based on the clues in the picture. They can write their observations on the recording sheet.
Other Sheets Included:
- Compare and Contrast sheet
- What I Learned Sheet
- My Favorite Country to Learn About Was...
- Two Editable Sheets (to allow you to add your own text and photographs)
Please download the Preview to see what is included! ENJOY!
You may also like…