CHRISTMAS & WINTER HOLIDAY ACTIVITIES for MIDDLE SCHOOL & HIGH SCHOOL:
The time leading to Christmas break often looks different in secondary schools, usually because of the pressure we feel to cover the curriculum. But, doing so does not mean we can’t have any fun around the holiday. The following activities are designed to focus on not only Christmas or winter break topics, but also the skills we want our students to practice in secondary ELA. There is quite a variety, so you can pick and choose which activities best fit with what you are doing in December.
In this package you will find:
-An activity that students can use when you are studying a text. There is an option for both Christmas and New Year's.
-A short research activity that will allow students to practice their research skills. They will have an option to write and/or present their information.
-Several options for individual and group poetry writing.
-Three topics for informal debate -- this has three options: individual brainstorming and reflection, full class discussion or debate. Rubrics are included.
-A fun grammar review with answer key
You might also like my
• Short Writing Activities for the Winter Season
• "Gift of the Magi" &"The Necklace" Critical Thinking Activities
• Halloween Creative Writing Learning Stations.
• Learning Stations for Independent Reading
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and products:
• Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. You will then receive customized email updates about this store.