- Product Description
During this Christmas around the World research project students will research a country and its Christmas traditions. Students can select a country from a set of 12 pre-determined countries or they can choose any country that they would like to research. Then, students will research the country as they respond to targeted research questions. While researching, they’ll be on the lookout for basics about the country, holiday traditions, fun facts, food and drink for the holiday and even information about the country’s flag. Next, they’ll compile their research and prepare it for a 3D gift box filled with their research. Students will write their research on a foldable gift box shape. Then, they’ll create a custom gift bow and gift tag that aligns with the country they researched. The end result is a festive and informative representation of students’ discoveries and learning. The Christmas around the World gift boxes make for a stunning display. Through reading, research, and creativity students will not only learn about Christmas around the World, they’ll also develop critical ELA skills!
This resource includes 2 versions of the critical materials. Version 1 includes all the resources in black and white. Students will be able to color in all aspects of the project. Version 2 includes all the resources in color. Students can just select and prepare their project with the color versions. This means that you can easily customize the project to meet the exact needs of your entire class!
This Christmas Around the World project is super versatile! Once students finish their holidays around the world research projects you could…
• Host a Christmas around the World Museum Sharing Day and Museum where students practice their speaking skills and teach the entire class about the country that they researched.
• Set up Jigsaw Learning Groups where students share and swap research topics to deepen their understanding of all of the research subjects.
• Plan an amazing classroom display. Since this project beautifully and creatively highlights students’ work, it’s perfect to put on display for classmates, other classes, or even parents.
Suggested Order of Lesson Plans:
Day 1: Gathering Research with the detailed research guide
Day 2: Compile research onto the 3D gift box shape
Day 3: Create final copies of the project elements – gift box, gift tag, and bow
Day 4: Share and learn some more!
Included in this detailed resource:
• Project Overview (for teachers)
• Implementation Ideas and Lesson Plan Sequence
• Detailed Lesson Plans with photos for step-by-step instructions (6 pages)
• 12 country cards (use if students will be researching pre-determined countries)
• Research guide for conducting research
• 5 patterned gift box shapes (black and white and color versions)
• 6 patterned gift bow designs (black and white and color versions)
• 12 country-specific gift tags (black and white and color versions)
• 6 patterned gift tags for any country (black and white and color versions)
• Optional resources: Internet research guide and Internet Citation Tracker (3 pages)
Other fun December resources...
- Friendly Letter and Writing Activities All based on letters from Santa’s reindeer!
- "A Christmas Carol" Interactive Notebook
- Winter Break Project - Tic-Tac-Snow
- Winter Bundle - Winter Poetry Analysis, "A Christmas Carol" Interactive Notebook, Winter Break Project, End-of-Year Reflection
You might also like...
- Reading Comprehension Skills - MEGA BUNDLE!9 Mini-Units!
- Daily Doodle Vocabulary - Vocabulary activities and paragraph writing for an entire year!
- 20 Daily Warm Ups - Engaging and Educational Bell Ringers
Following is Fun!
Get the inside scoop on all store discounts, free products, and product launches. Just click the green “Follow Me” star under my store name on this page or click the green “Follow Me” star on my store homepage.
Let’s Stay in Touch!
Brain Waves Instruction