This K-6 song is a positive behaviours, curriculum-aligned song celebrating good nutrition, exercise and healthy living. It helps students to recognize the relationship between food & lifestyle choices and performance & wellbeing.
Sing and do chorus actions only, with Kinder and younger grades, letting them listen to and discuss the verses first. Sing other verses as they become familiar with the content...
• Not musical ~ NO worries!
• Just download the MP4 song video and play on your classroom whiteboard or computer!
• Students read / sing / learn along as the song plays and the lyrics display on the screen.
• No need to print out lyrics or create a power point - the Mp4 does it all for you, making it easy for the whole class or school to follow the lyrics on any screen and read / sing along together.
• Stop video at any time, to discuss / clarify / reinforce content, define words, discuss punctuation, etc.
Our songs not only engage and motivate students, they help them to learn and remember important curriculum content, themes and concepts.
Our Songs are perfect for:
• Motivating and engaging students
• Introducing new units of work
• Kick starting discussion
• Summarising & reinforcing learning content
• Aiding recall of important information
• Extending literacy
• Assembly & performance pieces…
**This download includes an Mp4 CURRICULUM KARAOKE™ track (lyrics & song vocals, in a video format, for use on computers, smart boards and other technology devices).
*FYI: ‘HEALTHY KIDS’ also available as an MP3 download (song & lesson materials)
Happy, happy, healthy kids,
Happy, happy, healthy!(X2)
We’re happy, happy, healthy kids,
It’s how we’d like to stay.
We eat nutritious, healthy food
At every meal each day.
We know that there are five food groups,
So, now we can’t go wrong;
’Cause we know what we must do
To grow up healthy, fit and strong.
Vitamins, minerals, good fats,
Help keep bodies healthy, so
Put good food on your plates.
Bodies are like fine machines,
eat the things we’re meant to.
Fruit is beaut, go use your loaf AND
Choose what you chomp into!
Do do do do, da da da.
Do do do do do...
Each day a little exercise, will help us play and learn;
There really is no better way For calories to burn!
Stop making excuses,
‘It’s much too cold’ or ‘Too hot’!
Move and groove and shake it up AND
Let’s give it our best shot!!
Do do do do, da da da
Do do do do do.
©Lyrics: Nuala O'Hanlon, B.Ed; Cert Teaching
Music: Kathryn Radloff, B.A. (Hons) Psych.
KEYSTONE CREATIONS ~ Educational Songs
A Lesson in Every Lyric®
'In terms of application to the classroom, and usability by teachers they rate a tick in every box.' ~ Brendan Hitchens, Teacher, Music In Action: A Magazine for Educators
*PINTEREST BOARD: ‘Healthy Kids’
*BLOG POST: ‘Healthy Kids’
COPYRIGHT: ©Lyrics: Nuala O’Hanlon / Music: Kathryn Radloff: KEYSTONE CREATIONS ~ Educational Songs. All rights reserved. This song and accompanying package are for the use of the purchaser / purchasing school only. Neither this work nor any part of it may be reproduced, distributed, performed or displayed in any medium, including electronic or digital (except within purchasing school), without permission in writing from the copyright owner.
*View our other store products
*Follow on FACEBOOK
*Follow on TWITTER
*Follow on PINTEREST
*Follow on LINKEDIN
Follow on Instagram