This unit on Cristóbal Colón (Christopher Columbus) is for a Spanish Language class. It includes 11 PRINTABLES and ANSWER KEYS.
1. Reading: Biography of Christopher Columbus. It includes a two page reading in both English and Spanish. This allows for differentiation in the classroom. It would be appropriate for both beginning and intermediate students.
2. Christopher Columbus Cognates: The students will learn how important an awareness of cognates is when learning a foreign language. In this exercise students will match the Spanish words on the left with the English cognates on the right. All of the cognates in this exercise are from the reading. Then, the students will think of 10 more cognates and check their answers in a dictionary.
3. Christopher Columbus Vocabulary Matching: Two different worksheets.
-Match Spanish Vocabulary Words with English words.
-Match Spanish Vocabulary Words with Spanish definitions.
4. Christopher Columbus Vocabulary Review with Spanish Expression
In this worksheet students will discover the hidden Spanish expression by identifying different general vocabulary words from different categories (i.e body parts, numbers, colors, animals, foods, job titles, family members, and months of the year.) After identifying the words according to their categories, the students will then follow the directions and color them accordingly. If students do not have crayons or colored pencils they can simply cross out the words instead. The blocks that remain will reveal the Spanish expression for Columbus Day, “¡Tan profundo como el mar!
4. Christopher Columbus Vocabulary Fill in the Blanks
5. Christopher Columbus Scrambled Words: All of the words come from the reading.
6. Christopher Columbus Grammar Review: Students will write a Spanish noun, adjective and verb for each letter in the words “Cristóbal Colón”.
This unit includes vocabulary words such as viajar, marinero, tejedor, peligroso, conseguir, barcos, opuesto, redondo, conceder, fallecer, descubrir etc.
Tags: Christopher Columbus/ Cristóbal Colón/ Spanish/ Bilingual/ Coulmbus Day/ Spain/ Explorer/ Discovery/
Other Bilingual Reading Materials for the Spanish Language Class
Day of the Dead (Dia de Muertos)
Cinco de Mayo
HISPANIC HOLIDAY BUNDLE
Tags: Christopher Columbus, Columbus, Columbus Day, Cristobal Colon, Spanish, Bilingual, informational text, biography, cognates, Vocabulary matching, vocabulary
Graphics provided by: