Your students will enjoy learning about the Christopher Columbus and the Early Explorers of the World with this interactive packet. The hands-on approach to learning through the components of this resource will surely help your students learn and understand the contributions and discoveries of the Early Explorers!
This packet has 4 components:
• Interactive Notebook Foldables: Printable mini file folders for each of the 10 explorers included in this unit. Each mini file folder has areas to write personal information, goals, and discoveries of the named explorer.
• Timeline Activity: Students will enjoy creating this explorer timeline to gain a better understanding of the early explorers.
• Information Guide: Students can use the information guide and interesting fact sheet to help complete the interactive notebooks and learn about the explorers.
• Large Bulletin Board: The interactive flaps on this bulletin board set make students interested and engaged in learning. Includes bulletin board header, illustrated explorer flaps, information boxes, and photo directions. Add the students' timelines to the board!
• The packet also includes a teacher-direction sheet with photo examples of the projects in use in the classroom. It is very clear and easy-to-use; basically just print and go! My students love these activities; I think yours will, too!
These explorers are included in this unit:
• Christopher Columbus
• John Cabot
• Vasco Nunez de Balboa
• Juan Ponce de Leon
• Hernando Cortes
• Ferdinand Magellan
• Jacques Cartier
• Fransisco Coronado
• Fransisco Pizarro
• Henry Hudson
Click here and SAVE 20% by buying ALL 15 Social Studies Interactive Notebooks and Mini Units in one Year-Long Bundle.
You can find each of the individual Social Studies Interactive Notebooks and Mini Units here:
Maps, Continents, and Landforms
Explorers of the World
Road to the Revolutionary War
The Revolutionary War
The 13 Colonies (Geography)
Colonial America - Daily Life
Colonial America - Jobs and Trades
Lewis and Clark Expedition
The Oregon Trail
The Gold Rush
The Civil War - Events Leading to the War
The Civil War
The U.S. Constitution
3 Branches of U.S. Government
Elections and the Voting Process
Don't forget that leaving feedback earns you points toward FREE TPT purchases. I love that feedback!
Also, follow me and be notified when new products are uploaded. New products are always 50% off for the first 24 hours they are posted. It pays to follow me!
As always, please contact me with any questions!
Thank you so much,