This is a research project that compares two explorers, Christopher Columbus and Juan Ponce De Leon. I connected this project while reading Tuck Everlasting because my students became interested in Ponce De Leon’s search for the fountain of youth. This, of course, does not have to be taught with Tuck Everlasting, but I found it worked great in my classroom. This product contains:
1. Cover page
2. Directions for lap book
3. Front cover of lap book
4. Explorers pictures for inside of lap book.
5. Accomplishment foldables for inside of lap book.
6. Biographical information templates for inside of lap book.
7. Venn Diagram for back of lap book.
8. Research Information Sheets
9. QR codes for students to research.
10. List of websites (the same ones from the QR codes)
11. Rubric for Lap Book
12. Opinion Essay Pre-Write
13. Opinion Essay Template for students’ final drafts
14. Credit Page