Christopher Columbus Lesson Plans with Differentiated Interactive Notebook and Encounter Read Aloud MEGA Bundle (Grades 4-6)
*** Click on the green preview button above to see what's inside! ***
This huge bundle requires absolutely NO PREPARATION
***INCLUDES A FREE TEST PREP PASSAGE***
Lesson Plans Overview:
Lesson Plan #1: Setting your notebook up for success: Students will set their notebooks up for their new unit: The 8 strands of the Life and Times of Christopher Columbus.
Lesson Plan #2: Why is learning about the life and times of Columbus so challenging?
Lesson Plan #3: Columbus: The Early Years
Lesson Plan #4: The Search for Support
Lesson Plan #5: The New World
Lesson Plan #6: Learning Menu Distribution
Lesson Plan #7 In His Own Words
Lesson Plan #8: A Second Voyage
Lesson Plan #9: A Third Attempt
Lesson Plan #10: One Final Chance at Redemption
Lesson Plan #11: Be an Objective Historian: Judging Columbus
Lesson Plan #12: 3 TO 1 Columbus Assignment
Lesson Plan #13: Edit/Revise/Publish
Lesson Plan# 14: Present Notebooks/Learning Menus
Social Studies Folder Checklist, Learning Menu & Checklist, along with Rubric included. Also, as a bonus, receive out 3-TO-1 Homework and Classwork Assignments activities and End-of-Unit Assessment - a 10-question, multiple choice test with answer key! Web links are also included.
Thematically Integrated and Common Core Aligned.
Christopher Columbus Interactive Notebook Activities Grades 4-6
Christopher Columbus Interactive Notebook Activities Grades 4-6
allows students to think on a higher level by virtue of collaborative and imaginative work. Students will create their lapbooks and/or use the templates for an interactive notebook for differentiated, self-directed learning!
★ ☆ ★ This bundle requires absolutely NO PREPARATION!
★ ☆ ★
★ Click on the green preview button above for a detailed look as to what's inside! ★
Lapbooks are a type of portfolio or collection of student work on a variety of topics using flaps and/or folded displays. Most lapbooks are created out of office file folders which are then folded in half. Lapbooks allow students to showcase their work by providing them an interactive space for sketches and drawings, story summaries, graphical information, timelines, charts, and other forms of written work. Best of all, they can range from any topic or unit study. They truly let students creatively display their work in a way that interests them the most, which allows for a multitude of differentiation for each individual student.
This 97-page MEGA packet includes:
Interactive Notebook / Lapbook Packet Includes:
• How to create a lapbook
• Using Composition Notebooks
• How to use the Vocabulary Cards Effectively Through Differentiation and Diverse Learners
• Uncommon Learning: Customized Activities Options
• Pre-selected technology integration interactive website links provided
• Vocabulary Cards Pocket with 30 pre-made, no-prep cards
• Notebook Vocabulary Fold Cards
• Vocabulary Word Work Cards Homework / Classwork / Group Activities
• The 8 Strands of Christopher Columbus Graphic Organizer
• Christopher Columbus Accordion Timeline
• Informational Diamond
• Compare & Contrast The Old World Europe with The New World Americas.(Venn)
• Compare & Contrast The Spanish with The Taino.(Venn)
• Compare & Contrast Bracket (Christopher Columbus and Henry Hudson)
• Compare & Contrast Bracket (Christopher Columbus and a famous explorer of your choice)
• Compare & Contrast Venn Trifold Flaps
• Say What? Create your own English to Spanish Dictionary Cards and English to Inuktitut Vocabulary Play on Words Envelopes and no-prep, pre-made cards
• Famous Explorers Chain Link Facts: Choose any 4 famous explorers from history and link interesting facts that they have in common with each other.
• The Voyage of 1492: Map Skills
• Enrichment: Maps Through Time Activity
• Character Traits Focus: Christopher Columbus
• Cause and Effect Trifold: Christopher Columbus
• Cause and Effect Trifold: The Printing Press?
• Cause and Effect Flaps: What were some of the causes and effects of Christopher Columbus’ multiple voyages?
• Important Figures Pocket with 28 pre-made, no-prep figure cards
• Key Figure Enrichment Diamond Fold Activity - Christopher Columbus
• Enrichment Famous Figure Spotlight Options (Christopher Columbus)
• Pros & Cons Higher Level Thinking Activity: The Pros and Cons of sailing with Columbus on his voyages to the New World
• Thought Bubble Activities: (1) What would Christopher Columbus say if he could see the “New World” today? (2) What would a Taino say if he could see North America today?
• All About…Christopher Columbus Book-Style Flapbook
• 5-Point Pentagon Activity: Historical facts of the Age of Exploration on the high Seas
• Christopher Columbus Political Cartoon Focus
• All About…The Age of Exploration Sailors Trapezoid Foldable
• The New World Animal Facts: Animal Fact Pocket with 12 pre-made cut-out cards
• Create A symbolic Columbus Flag
• Create A Taino Flag
• The Flavors of The New World: What are four foods of The New World? Foldable
• Travel Brochure - Christopher Columbus The New World Travel Brochure
• Christopher Columbus Science Connection: Native New World Plants
• Christopher Columbus Science and Technology Connection (1) New World Ships (2) The Printing Press (3) Social Media Technology: #NewWorld
• Join The Ranks! Advertisement Activity
• The Niña (Research & Art Focus) Label the different parts of the Niña
• Art Focus - The Life and Times of Columbus Art Option: Create your own Native American art piece.
• 3-D Art Focus: Design Your Own Ship
• Journal Entry - Christopher Columbus Journal Entry Analysis
• What If...? Activity: What Souvenirs Would You Take With You?
• Hispaniola: Then & Now
• Christopher Columbus Unit 3-2-1 Student Self-Assessment
Common Core aligned thematic unit; 97 engaging pages.
Encounter Interactive Notebook and Lapbook Activities
Click the green preview button above to see what's inside!
Interactive Notebooks and lapbooks are a type of portfolio or collection of student work on a variety of topics using flaps and/or folded displays. Most lapbooks are created out of office file folders which are then folded in half. Lapbooks allow students to showcase their work by providing them an interactive space for sketches and drawings, story summaries, graphical information, timelines, charts, and other forms of written work. Best of all, they can range from any topic or unit study. They truly let students creatively display their work in a way that interests them the most, which allows for a multitude of differentiation for each individual student.
Encounter Interactive Activities includes differentiated interactive activities and makes a eye-catching student-created bulletin board!
This Product is Designed to:
• engage students using social studies based resources
• help students understand what was read through the use of differentiated graphic organizers
• utilize digital resources for interactive learning and discovery through technology integration
• highlight key issues and themes
• use multiple resources for comparison purposes
• promote discussion
• motivate student learning and promote higher order thinking
This resource includes:
• How to make an interactive notebook/lapbook
• Interactive Notebook pocket envelope for storage of work that is not yet completed
• Depth of Knowledge Higher Order Thinking Questions
• Homework Thinking Response Questions
• Vocabulary Word Work
• Vocabulary Word Search
• Historical Fiction Task Cards
• Literary Tool Focus: Foreboding
• Author's Purpose
• Differentiated Comparing/Contrasting using multiple graphic organizers for specific teacher targets
• Character Traits
• Point of View
• Puzzle Pieces Jigsaw Activity
• Enrichment Diamond Fold Activity
• On Demand Writing Activity
• Map Skills
• Famous Figure Foldable: Christopher Columbus
• New World Animal Facts Pocket and Cards
• Taino Art Focus
• Science Connections: New World Food, Plants, Lunar Eclipses
• Create an Acrostic Poem Activity
• 3-2-1 Student Self Assessment
...and lots more!
You May Also Like The French and Indian War Lesson Plans with Interactive Notebook Activities
and save $4.98 when you purchase both resources together!
♥ Like this resource? Share with others by pinning our product on Pinterest so others will find it! Just click on the "Pin It" button on the left side of this page and share with others!
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER @ DynamicDuoTpT
for new products, TpT news, and special $ecret $ales!
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK @ DynamicDuo101
♥ Please leave feedback! You'll let others know how you used the product and in the process, you'll earn credit points to save on future products!
Receive TPT credit to use on future purchases!
• Go to your 'My Purchases' page. Beside each of your purchases, click the 'Provide Feedback' button. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you can use to lower the cost of your future purchases. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and valued!.
• For every dollar you spend on TpT, you'll earn 1 credit
• Every 20 credits you earn equals $1 to apply toward future TpT purchases.
To redeem credits: Once you've earned at least 20 credits, you'll see the option to apply credits at checkout.
♥ Like what you see? Follow our store by clicking on the Green ★ at the top of this page!
Take advantage of our other no-prep bundles:
★ Ancient River Valley Civilizations Lessons & Interactive Notebook MEGA Bundle
★ Brazil Lesson Plans and Interactive Notebook MEGA Bundle
★ The 3 Branches of Government Lesson Plans & Interactive Notebook MEGA Bundle
★ Immigration: Then and Now Lesson Plans & Interactive Notebook MEGA Bundle
★ The Spanish American War Lesson Plans and Interactive Notebook MEGA Bundle
★ NYC 5 Boroughs SUPER MEGA Lesson Plan and Interactive Notebook Bundle
★ Mexico Lesson Plans and Interactive Notebook Mega Bundle
★ Symbols of America Lesson Plan Bundle & Interactive Notebook MEGA Bundle
★ China Unit Lessons and Interactive Notebook Mega Bundle
★ The Old West Pioneers MEGA Lesson Plan Bundle w/ Interactive Notebook Activities
© DynamicDuo101, 2016