Allow your students to Meet the Natives with Christopher Columbus
as they practice the skill of primary source analysis
This 1-page handout provides excerpts from Christopher Columbus' Journal
on his meeting the natives
for the first time for students to analyze using the guiding questions. Includes a significance wrap-up question in which students utilize all of the information to explain the significance of the document or its relevance to American History.
Answer Key is Provided!
All images and other primary sources collected from Library of Congress, National Archives or public domain.
See preview for actual product.
Great class or homework assignment!
• Age of Exploration Complete 15 Day Unit for World History or Euro
• Age of Exploration Document Based Question Activity DBQ FRQ Lesson
• Age of Exploration Illustrated Timeline Review Activity
• Age of Exploration Introduction Notes w/Sunken Ship Activity & Pair & Share
• Age of Exploration Over 400 Years Lecture Notes
• Famous Explorers of the Age of Exploration Newcasts Activity
• Walking Tour of the Age of Exploration World to Visit Europe Asia Africa America
• World History Ethnocentrism Age of Exploration Journal Assignment
See other Primary Source Analysis Activities in my TpT Store!
You may really like my U.S. Primary Source Analysis Bundle and My SPRITE Series!
Please visit my TpT Store for other great Social Studies, ELA, and New Teacher Resources.
You will find:
Walking Tours through History, Archeological Digs, Bio Card Activities, Game Card Sets, Scavenger Hunts, Centers & Stations Activities, Interactive Lectures, Analysis Assignments, Student Review Materials, Role-Card Activities, Human Board Game Sets, & so much more!